This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

storms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: storms
    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 7:42am
     How's everyone in the south? Weather report says quite a few potential tornadoes and damage. Hope all are OK.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 7:50am
AR, AL, MS , Ky, TN and GA have been taking fierce beatings, we were delivering rock to a jobsite the other day when Hailed during a T-storm here, is a defined warning that Tornado season is upon us here.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 2:15pm
Nothing around us to report. Seemed like when the storms crossed the Alabama line they settled down a bit. Sounds like they ramped back up as they hit the Carolinas. We had a lot of rain and a little thunder and lightning but not anything serious
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 2:51pm
Happy to say all we had Thu was a lot of wind . Guess we got lucky . 

Edited by ACinSC - 19 Mar 2021 at 2:51pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 7:25pm
It was bright sunshine all day, gentle winds from NE, uppers 60’s, gorgeous day.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm
MO River bumped 28' here, not severe flood stage but bad enough.  Nearly 5 inches rain shut off Clay hauls, Sand hauls, even small load rock hauls as ground is just mush.  MAYBE by Monday and the consistent winds will be dry enough to work until rains return.  Welcome Spring!!  Will be frost here in morning at 30-31F.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 9:49pm
All calm at the house except for a lot of rain. Going to an auction tomorrow and will swing by the farm to check on things down there. I haven't had any reports of damage in that area from any of my relatives so everything should be good.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:14pm
hahahahaha! who ya gonna blames for all the rain? if them silly Canadians would sends me sum more cold air....oh...and all you southerners...stay outta the trailer courts and ya'll should be safe! lol
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:00am
Hey Shameless, does that machine blow rain when its not cold enough for snow?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:01am
What's a trailer court?

Hubert, your not going to the Calhoun auction are you? That'll be a haul for you.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 10:11am
Shameless, we gots no cold air!!  Sno's all gone an' I seen some green grass showin, on the south side of the old shed.  Maybe Jay's got some.  He's th' other end of the country.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
[QUOTE=thendrix]What's a trailer court?

Hiya TH, Trailer Courts also know as Trailer Parks for them Mobeel Homes they anchor to the ground semi permanently, Also Known As Tornado Magnets and Targets!!

Seems in MO the big push is to acquire small parcels to establish these tornady magnets just outside town and city limits to save the towns and cities, when the magnets go away then the tornady's turn back on the towns and cities.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 3:33pm
Gotcha. Here they're called trailer parks. Thought that's what he meant just never heard "courts"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:23pm
Just making them sound Prettier!!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:03pm
they are know as trailer courts in these parts
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:27pm
Tyler, this one was near the farm, ain't letting Shameless know exactly where. Lots of junk today, just a few good items but nothing I needed. Bidders must have gotten their stimulus money, things were going high. Windy and cold this morning so I took a break and came back later. They were running 2 auctioneers on the yard and 1 inside.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:44pm
Tyler, sent you a pm.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 10:58pm
I've always called mine mobile home parks but now they say that's insulting. The acceptable name is now "manufactured home communities".
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm
We live in a double wide and it gets referred to as a house, a trailer, and a double wide. Just whichever word comes out I guess
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 12:43am
does it have a redwood deck and polyester curtains?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:55pm
No but the queen ain't sitting on a park bench with Earl either. Everytime we hear that song and it gets to the line where he says "honey let's just go on home and have some onion rings and watch tv" my wife laughs. She says "that's the weirdest thing to say".
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

No but the queen ain't sitting on a park bench with Earl either. Everytime we hear that song and it gets to the line where he says "honey let's just go on home and have some onion rings and watch tv" my wife laughs. She says "that's the weirdest thing to say".
The Charlie Daniels of the torque wrench! Thanks for making me smile thinking about that song!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic