This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member ACC 35 L PS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3a1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member ACC 35 L PS
    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:45pm
New member checking in.

I'm a new owner of an old ACC 35 L PS forklift.

Naturally, after the introductions, I'll have some questions...LOL
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:32am
Continue on - someone might know something on this - but not me - no fork lift expert but my son builds forks for skid loaders and compact tractors

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:22am
welcome to forum
m3a1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3a1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:20am
Thank you, gentlemen.  My mechanical interests mainly revolve around former military vehicles (I have a few of those) and over the years they have gotten bigger, whereas I have gotten older.  So, bringing home a forklift seemed like a very good idea.

I did find a military TM (technical manual) for my particular lift but it's scope is limited.  Every military vehicle has not less than four or five TMs that range from very general to very specific.  The one I found is helpful, yet very general in terms of specifications

What I am looking for is a civilian manual on the ACC 35 (which is a 3500# lift).  Just the simple things like selecting correct filters is a real headache.  

I am also trying to understand the progression of AC forklift models.  It seems to me that the F-series (like the F40 model) might be very close in terms of it's design (in terms of systems) though the big difference seems to be the engine (mine has a Waukesha).

I reckon what I really need are a good set of specs for the ACC 35.  I bought it with hoses that quickly sprung a leak and replaced them with new hoses.  As it turned out, those old hoses weren't correct and my new hoses, being stiffer, are not playing well with the hose reel which is obviously designed for smaller diameter hose. than I, or the previous owner had been using.

As I am sure many of you know, the new hoses were not cheap so I'll be making them work by reconstructing the hose reel assembly with a large flange that keeps the hoses from walking off the reel.

Anyhow, any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated and in the meantime, i will be looking around for answers in the old threads.

Cheers,
m3a1
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:35am
Have you been to www.liberatedmanuals.com ?
he has 1,000s of manuals ,odds are good a few are 'similar' to your forklift.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
m3a1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3a1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 12:45am
Yes, that's where I found the -14&P manual.  It's good, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.
tdr View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 8:41am
Might try Minnpar.com
m3a1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3a1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:29am
Well, it appears Minnpar is going to be a no-go for AC stuff.  Happily, with the -14&P there are a LOT of part numbers to be gleaned from it which is going to be a huge help in searching for the little bits.

As with many things, sometimes the best solution is to simply bow your head and say, "God Save The Queen" and bull your way through it.

Still many old posts to read and small bits of information to pick up here and there.  Though the institutional knowledge of these seems thin.  REAL thin.

I did come up with one bit today.  ACC 35 translated is - 
AC - Allis Chalmers (duh)
C - appears to be the tire style (Cushion, whereas P would be pneumatic)
35 - 3500lb unit (appears to be fewer of these than even numbered weights (40, 50, etc.)

What I do NOT know is what would be the most productive thing to enter into a search engine.  Is AC35 going to yield better results, or ACC35, or should I just stick to the even numbers and hope mine is fundamentally the same, mechanically? 

I'm guessing Allis Chalmers took the low road and made the smaller warehouse models with the same basic chassis and just swapped in different counter-weights.  But that is just speculation on my part.

So much to learn...  So little time.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 11:40am
Herc-U-Lift is a fork truck dealer which carried the AC line of Industrial equipment for many years and has several locations now .
 Then years back i used them for parts for HD4 crawler loader and found the parts people were good at knowing much - but like you said growing older things change and many of the people with knowledge of old machines have probably retired by now . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
tdr View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:00pm
Try Jensales
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:11pm
AC forklifts were purchased by Komatsu. We have an ACP 25 with a Waukeshaw engine. I did get an owners manual from Herculift in Maple Plain, MN.  A friend bought many of the AC manuals from Herc-U-Lift a few years ago. He is Brad Carlson from  Janesville, MN. I had a tough time finding them on line.  Unfortunately, the parts  are drying up, however things like brake parts, engine parts are still out there. LPM was a aftermarket parts supplier for many domestic machines . I am not sure of their status. Dumping of foreign machines into the US market killed the domestic market, now we have Toyota, Datsun, etc. 
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
m3a1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3a1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:17pm
I'd be happy to have appropriate data for the various filters and maybe some specs on the engine to start with.  Appears mine has a Teledyne Continental engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic