This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8050 stopped in it's tracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8050 stopped in it's tracks
    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 2:43pm
So I was hauling manure today and when I took off from a stop sign the first time I shifted up I lost everything... No hydraulics at all no transmission nothing. Motor still running. It's a power shift and I'm wondering what happened. Could the torque limiter have crapped out? I had a little puddle leak out of the hole behind the engine pre transmission but not lots and as soon as it quit moving the transmission over 1800rpm light came on.

I've replaced a torque limiter on a 7020 before but haven't had this happen and haven't been "in" this 8050 ever.

Thoughts?
TIA
Sponsored Links

kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 3:30pm
Im going with torque if you lost everything
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:37pm
steering work? loss of steering and all hyds pretty well tells the story, torque limiter.

Edited by injpumpEd - 25 Feb 2021 at 5:39pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 6:39pm
Sounds like pump went out. Had it happen to my 8070. It's been 10 years so don't really remember what all it consisted of.
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:27pm
Pete...Once you tear into it to see what it is...if it's the torque limiter I can rebuild that, but need your old core...mainly for the center hub. I think I have one already built and might just need to count the splines in the hub to make sure that's it...let me know when you get that far.   Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic