This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daughters boyfriend first meeting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:05am
It is tough to raise kids in present society. There is so much pressure to "grow up" so young. Media really pushes sexuality at kids. When I was a young teenager, I was more interested in farming and playing basketball. We always made sure alley had a really good cow for 4h . Seemed to keep her interest in dating down. Wife always said you can get her a good cow or she could bring home a jackass!
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 7:14am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey TBone,,,UMmmmm what,,,(If I may ask) is a D pic,,,?Wink

Well Joe, what does a boy have, begins with the letter D(not scientifically but conversationally), and he’d like a girl to see it?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey TBone,,,UMmmmm what,,,(If I may ask) is a D pic,,,?Wink

Well Joe, what does a boy have, begins with the letter D(not scientifically but conversationally), and he’d like a girl to see it?

LOLLOLLOL,,,That's what I thought, TBone,,,but I never woulda thought anybody would be that stupid to try that one,,,,LOL So,YEAH,,he deserved the heave ho for sure,,,prolly wound up working for a carnival or breaking rocks,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

Have a daughter and 2 boy's. I didn't have to do much as far as intimidation. Just let the wife handle it.
She had to go to anger management classes for attacking a boyfriend.
A couple of one of the boy's girlfriends didn't fair so well either. Nothing physical happened but Wow.

No one went to jail and none have done drugs and all are doing very well for themselves so I think we at least did OK in that respect.

None of my girlfriends parents liked me much except my present in laws.
I think it may be because I held a job and knew how to fish and drove a truck with no AC.

LOLLOLLOL,,STILL laughing on that one, Fixer,,,especially about the wife,,,LOLLOLLOL
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:46am
   Any boy who listens to rap will never date my daughter!!Wink   That garbage is insufferable and my daughter agrees, thank God.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 12:58pm
At 17 was in US of Army, NO time for the running of girls, next up in trade school or working again No Time for running girls.  Out on my own first Really full time HD Mechanic Job, worked 3 1/2 days first of week or end of week, swapped monthly 11 1/2 hour days, again little time for girl chasing but then had some time every other month with seven days off, met a gal was a move in within a few weeks and were together just at six months.  Moved back to MO, into Night or rolling shift schedules, extra jobs or work and women a third or fourth consideration.  Dated a few from work, did the bar scene, not much worked until met wife.  Met at BBQ party, blind date that was not aware of by friends.  Struck it off first day moved in together after a few weeks, engaged by a month together, married at end of a year.  Been together 36, married 35 this summer.  Four Residences, three full homes, two farms, misc. yelling matches and educations on confusing subjects that set those off.

Her Dad and Mom and I got along as if a family member from Day 1.

Still together and hanging in there, for now.
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:02pm
Back when I was running the first thing I did when meeting a girls father was walk up and firmly shake his hand and introduce myself. I wrestled in high school and I was in pretty good shape. I don’t ever really remember ever feeling intimidated by anyone. I do remember my wife’s dad wasn’t too happy to meet me but that’s because of the D that she was dating before me. I can say I never really worried about their dads, there wasn’t much they could do to me that wouldn’t have landed them in prison. I always treated girls well and never took anything they didn’t willingly give so I guess I don’t feel too bad. That said, I sure hope my daughter never meets me at that age. Best thing you can do is teach them to be strong and confident in who they are.

My feeling is if you have to try to be intimidating, you probably aren’t. I agree with shameless. Be pleasant but firm. 90 of communication is unspoken
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:31pm
Never "Tried" to be intimidating, just a Large person and capable of Large things.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 1:32pm
Hee hee... enjoying everyone's comments here!!!

I'll throw in mine, but advise against taking it for anything other than amusement:

My son, at 15, had a female friend (16) over, they were watching movies in our (basement) movie theater area, and going to dinner after sundown.  Not totally private, but not immediately monitored.  It is, unfortunately, located in direct path between the basement stairway landing, and my electronics/radio shop, and I was in need of some tools and parts.  As I came down the stairs, they paused the movie, I stopped, introduced myself to his female friend, and issued only one concern...   "If my SON comes home pregant, you'll have some SERIOUS explaining to do..."

(the look on their faces was PRICELESS!!!)

His choices got much better over the next few...

My daughter, from the first footsteps, has been rambunctious...  loud, energetic, run-full-speed-tackle-hug me when I arrived home every night.  She's an excellent archer, and at just-shy of 6ft, a monster goalkeeper in demand by local and state leagues.  She can be quite mean at times, and she'll hold back no verbiage when she's got a point to make.  Cleaning chickens suits her just fine...

When she was little, I told her that she could 'start dating two years after she's married', and she's not afraid to let everyone know my rule.

I feel SORRY for the boys that try to court her...  so when I meet them, I just say "Hello, son, welcome.  I'll pray for you."  LOL
Really.... she's fearless... she's gonna hurt some poor boy... put 'em in the hospital...  just being herself... Most fathers would lie awake at night, fearing for their daughters' safety... I worry about the boys she'd date.  I suppose what I SHOULD do is warn them:

Son, I'm a father of a fine girl... I'm strong, I'm dangerous.... but that doesn't matter- don't screw up, because by the time I get to you, there will be nothing left of you for me to see...  she WILL tear you apart...

Edited by DaveKamp - 18 Feb 2021 at 1:35pm
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

Hee hee... enjoying everyone's comments here!!!

I'll throw in mine, but advise against taking it for anything other than amusement:

My son, at 15, had a female friend (16) over, they were watching movies in our (basement) movie theater area, and going to dinner after sundown.  Not totally private, but not immediately monitored.  It is, unfortunately, located in direct path between the basement stairway landing, and my electronics/radio shop, and I was in need of some tools and parts.  As I came down the stairs, they paused the movie, I stopped, introduced myself to his female friend, and issued only one concern...   "If my SON comes home pregant, you'll have some SERIOUS explaining to do..."

(the look on their faces was PRICELESS!!!)

His choices got much better over the next few...

My daughter, from the first footsteps, has been rambunctious...  loud, energetic, run-full-speed-tackle-hug me when I arrived home every night.  She's an excellent archer, and at just-shy of 6ft, a monster goalkeeper in demand by local and state leagues.  She can be quite mean at times, and she'll hold back no verbiage when she's got a point to make.  Cleaning chickens suits her just fine...

When she was little, I told her that she could 'start dating two years after she's married', and she's not afraid to let everyone know my rule.

I feel SORRY for the boys that try to court her...  so when I meet them, I just say "Hello, son, welcome.  I'll pray for you."  LOL
Really.... she's fearless... she's gonna hurt some poor boy... put 'em in the hospital...  just being herself... Most fathers would lie awake at night, fearing for their daughters' safety... I worry about the boys she'd date.  I suppose what I SHOULD do is warn them:

Son, I'm a father of a fine girl... I'm strong, I'm dangerous.... but that doesn't matter- don't screw up, because by the time I get to you, there will be nothing left of you for me to see...  she WILL tear you apart...

Now that's funny! 'If my son comes home pregnant.......' 
I have a grand daughter that I think is going to be similar to your daughter. Judging by both families' genetics, I doubt she will ever come any ways near 6', but she is mean as a rattlesnake and not afraid of anything! green eyed redhead, we call her big red. The scary part is she can be real sweet, just don't cross her! she is 10 now....

Edited by LouSWPA - 18 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm
Well, #
1 - Tyler, HOW did those little cuties get to be so,,,,,,,grown up???  They were just babies!!
2 - Joe, IF I had known ya when she was doing all that howling, I'd a tole you the one stopper that makes em shut up real fast.  Yep, WE (the male) have the chromosome that defines the babies sex, BUT and this is the BIGGIE.....THEY had it last...so it's THEIR fault if it's all boys or whatever.
3 - Lou, that granddaughter of yours sounds like she's got some good Irish in her!  Red headed green eyed devil....

When my daughter was starting to date, some of the guys stated to me that they were worried about me......I told them that I didn't care, don't worry about me, but her Momma sure did and she likes to hear that 12 gauge go chunk,,,bang...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 5:54pm
They're still pretty little Ted. 9 and 7. Just had their first school dance. Evie (9) ACTS like she doesn't pay the boys any attention. Cora (7) plays them like a starving catfish. She had 3 or 4 wanting to take her to the dance. She didn't go with any of them but I think she danced with all of them. Just thought it would be a fun topic

Edited by thendrix - 19 Feb 2021 at 6:08pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 7:03pm
thendrix, just remember they'll not do anything that you haven't done  when you were growing up. I always told my daughter that if you said no and they didn't stop tell me and I would handle it, never heard anything but she did get suspended from school when she was a sophomore for getting in a fight, she never said why she done it but said they deserve it. I always told the boys no meant no and to respect them like they were you mother. Ps I never met any of her dates I always trusted her decisions, her mother raise her well.

Edited by Kenny L. - 19 Feb 2021 at 7:27pm
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 3:46pm
Love the stories. Dave’s reminds me of my first date after I got my drivers license. Dad handed me the keys to his truck and said “If you drink and drive, don’t park, accidents cause people.” I’ll never forget that.
melissa69 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 8:56am
Meeting my daughter's boyfriend for the first time was a delightful experience, filled with warmth and genuine connection. As we gathered for dinner, the atmosphere was charged with positive energy. His courteous demeanor and engaging conversation immediately put everyone at ease. It was evident that he valued family bonds and had a sincere interest in getting to know us. The evening unfolded smoothly, creating lasting memories. I couldn't help but appreciate the shared laughter and the ease with which he integrated into our family dynamics. It felt like the beginning of a beautiful relationship, one that resonated with the spirit of connection celebrated on platforms like https://www.luvfree.com

Edited by melissa69 - 11 Dec 2023 at 2:16am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 11:44am
I asked a girl out when I was in highschool.
I went to the door and met her mom and dad. They gave me all the rules and said they expected me to follow them. I gave my word that I would.
I then popped the question to her dad. I asked if the short bed bump side 4x4 Ford in the driveway was his. He said yes.
We then went out to look at the ole Ford. We really hit it off and the daughter wasn’t happy.
He and I remained friends.
The girl and I did not pan out.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 2:52pm
Well, here we are 2 1/2 years later and Evie has a little t*rd that she calls a boyfriend. It's a middle school thing and that's the only place they see each other but I still don't like it.

I've revamped my first meeting plan though. I just happened to talk to an older gentleman one day and this came up. He said when his daughter went on a first date, he was cordial to the fellow and then, as they were leaving, he handed his daughter a quarter and said "if you need me you call and no matter where I'll be there". Can't use a quarter anymore but I believe I'll check if she has her phone then follow this pattern.

Edited by thendrix - 05 Dec 2023 at 5:24pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Well, here we are 2 1/2 years later and Evie has a little t*rd that she calls a boyfriend. It's a middle school thing and that's the only place they see each other but I still don't like it.

I've revamped my first meeting plan though. I just happened to talk to an older gentleman one day and this came up. He said when his daughter went on a first date, he was cordial to the fellow and then, as they were leaving, he handed his daughter a quarter and said "if you need me you call and no matter where I'll be there". Can't use a quarter anymore but I believe I'll check it she has her phone then follow this pattern.

Just be grateful is just at school!  Friend's grand daughter brought her Beau to Grandpa's for affirmation was good enough, he has been railing about that day for weeks.  Wussy, unable to drive a Stick, waste of good air and a appetite to beat Godzilla!! Fat Kid, homely yet his really cute Grand daughter likes him for whatever reason.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2023 at 11:33pm
Tell him your daughters entire family has always been born hermaphroditic.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

She'd kill me. I guess I should've waited about teaching her to shoot
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

She'd kill me. I guess I should've waited about teaching her to shoot
   I had some second thoughts after posting it. Glad to see you didn't take it as derogatory about her. I wanted to assure you I didn't intend for it to be.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 3:37am

Well, Tyler,,This has Been a FUN subject,,,some,,I would NOT wanted to be the recieveeeeee some of these fathers would have been "CHALLENGING" back in the day,,,,,,WinkWink
 While it might of been interesting to had maybe one little girl,,,,I'm pretty sure I would of been just as worried as most Fathers here,,,,,,,,,LOLLOL

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 5:43am
No offense taken at all Walker. I might just tell him that just to see the reaction.

Joe, little girls are the most awesome things I've been around. Yeah there's some worry but they're absolutely worth it.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 6:11am
Tyler, agree they are a treasure, but your “fun” is just beginning!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 4:54am

No offense taken at all Walker. I might just tell him that just to see the reaction.

Joe, little girls are the most awesome things I've been around. Yeah there's some worry but they're absolutely worth it.

YEAH, Tyler,,I'm wich you on that,,,!!!
  We did raise our first Granddaughter till she was 7 years old as her Mother decided to go back to college and get her degree, so she lived with us for that length of time,,,YES,,interesting times they were and to this day, that little girl now a very successful young business woman will discuss her concerns with me before her real parents,,,,,,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 12:14am
They are a blessing Joe and it's fun and challenging to talk to Granddaughters about their life.  I think they like to talk to us is because we respect them, love them and we've been there.  It's easier for them to talk to us.  Least wise that's what she has told me.  We help instead of being a parent who takes the hard road.
I've got 4 granddaughters and so far 5 GREAT Granddaughters.  LOVE em to pieces and they ALL want a tractor, cept the littlest two (so far), they're only 2 and 1.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2023 at 10:28pm

Right after he learned how to talk my Grandson told me I was piscusting.
Sometimes I think he might have been right.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 9:56pm
What worried me the most about my wife's dad, wasn't what he said, bit what he didnt say. He didn't say much at all. And that worked better than about any attempted scares I had over the years, and I had an ex's crazy mother call the cops on me. Turns out like mother like daughter hence EX lol.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic