This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keystone XL pipeline,,,,,???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keystone XL pipeline,,,,,???
    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:13pm

I'm curious about something,,,does any of the oil from the western North Dakota oil fields go into the Keystone XL pipeline for transport to the gulf coast??
Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:17pm
I think I heard it was going to join the pipeline as it went by from Canada!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:21pm
It'll be a 'shortcut' according to the map on the website.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

I'm curious about something,,,does any of the oil from the western North Dakota oil fields go into the Keystone XL pipeline for transport to the gulf coast??

It’s my understanding any crude from the Dakota’s that’s not needed for the refineries in the Twin Cities, and Superior WI., would be sent southbound in the Keystone.
IIRC, the crude from WY, CO, UT is sent to Artisia NM., right Joe?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:45am
It pipes Canadian crude to a pump on the gulf coast that puts it into tankers.  It's of no value to the U.S. other than the jobs that will be created when there are bursts.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:05am
well the US makes a bucket load of money 'transporting' cdn crude to the gulf as well as refining it... ! According to the offical stats pipes are safer than rail or trucks

though WHAT can you believe out of ANY guv mouth ???

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:57am

Chit,,Lars,,I have no idea about that crude going to Holly Corp,,,they get quite a bit from the Permian and local,,,,
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:19am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
Well we sure would not to take money away from Bill Gates railroad.Wink So somebody has to stop the pipeline.   

Just another reason for gas prices to go up. Clap Makes country hicks think it's time for a battery car.

I knew that did not sound right Buffet's train.  LOL Billionaire is billionaire right. We all add our money together and still not have as much as them.Cry

Edited by Ray54 - 23 Jan 2021 at 7:45pm
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:06pm
$4.00 or more per gallon gasoline and diesel fuel coming soon! Biden and crew are going to transition the U.S. away from oil. Start walking Biden says it's good for you!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
NE doesn't want the pipeline crossing the Ogallala aquafier foe fear of contamination.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm
The fear of broken pipelines is so overhyped, it's pathetic. JMHO
Darrel
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

It pipes Canadian crude to a pump on the gulf coast that puts it into tankers.  It's of no value to the U.S. other than the jobs that will be created when there are bursts.

Don’t worry John, there are spurs along the route where refineries can purchase off that pipeline if the price is right.
Warren Buffet is happy, more crude on trains.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:36pm
YEP... a STATIONARY pipe line setting on the ground is a lot more DANGEROUS than 500,000 Semi Trailers driving down the icy highway at 70 MPH with 6000 gallons of diesel in tow !!

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

Edited by steve(ill) - 22 Jan 2021 at 7:36pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 3:01am
Oh the horror
The fire in Canickistan that almost destroyed a village due to a crude oil train derailment
Memories are so forgetful!! And I have only heard of a scattered few EVER pipeline problems mainly Nat gas that Exploded but hey that was enough to ban them all(NOT)
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:10am
yeah the one in kaybec ?
That was caused by the 'engineer' NOT setting the brakes !!!
he probably got promoted over that....

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
  It will take money from his son and his China pardeners and Joe might have to support his son 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:15am
we have pipeline failures here in our county all the time Darrel. only one death from them so far. some are buried pretty deep, and with the past flooding some have floated up, several farmers have caught them with their rippers and plows and have hit them with their disks. have seem patches over bullet holes shot in some them that cross ditches and creeks. one year the company dig up the pipeline thru our place, it was still deep, they were looking for a leak they thought they had, even tho they paid us good for the crop damage, it was still a $^#*@ to harvest, the ground was soft and when the combine came to the fill dirt, we were almost instantly stuck. didn't help matters when the line went diagonal thru the fields.  
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:53am
They are wanting to run a new one through the straights of Lake Michigan.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:50pm
I wasn't really calling you out individually, Shameless. I can see your point. But I still have a butt sore from a world famous pipeline protest that we had in our state a few years ago, that was about everything except opposing a pipeline. Bastards made a bigger environmental mess than a million barrel crude oil leak would have caused. The supposed theme of the protest was "the extraction and transportation of fossil fuels." Well the head honcho that called for the protests owned a c store that sells gasoline (I think that's a fossil fuel) and during the protests, sold four times the normal amount. (Maybe slightly hypocritical...?) I could go on and on about, but my blood pressure might rise. But just one more comment; every time there is a pipeline break, the news has to make it sound as bad as possible; give the spillage in gallons vs barrels. One of these days they'll give it in fluid oz. Darrel
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:09pm
Yes Enbridge proposes to replace the dual pipeline under the Straits of Mackinac with a bedrock tunnel that would contain any possible spills in the future. Enbridge is being opposed by our current Governor and Attorney General who has ordered the current pipeline under the Straits shut down which puts people in the Upper Peninsula and workers at refineries at Sarnia Onterio and Toledo Ohio in jeopardy of higher fuel costs and unemployment. Instead working to find a solution they are playing to the environmentalists and politics.Our Governor has chosen to oppose even the bedrock tunnel. Also the Attorney General is prosecuting the former Republican Governor on a misdemeanor charge relating to the Flint water crisis that was the Flint water boards choice to not properly treat the water that led to the crisis! My thoughts are the Governor and Attorney General want to drag this pipeline banning out hoping the pipeline will leak so they can say we told you so just like the Dam break at Midland!

Edited by klinemar - 24 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:06pm
I would think that a double wall pipe could be used. The inside pipe would carry the oil and the outside would have a vacuum, then if there was ever oil coming at the vacuum pump you would know there was a leak.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:45pm
The existing pipeline was caught by a careless ship dragging its anchor. Burying in bedrock solves that problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic