This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Propane prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane prices
    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
I stopped in today and paid for 250 gallon of lp gas today. It was $1.67 per gallon. I paid for it and told the little darling behind the desk it was too high priced. I stopped at the Farmers Coop 6 blocks down the street. If I had bought it there, it was $1.45 per gallon. I always pay for it before it is delivered, but Coop had me fill out a credit app and they want to charge me $75.00 for a leak test on my system. I told them I had owned my own fuel service for 15 Years and hauled millions of gallons of LP, set dozens of tanks, etc it didn't make any difference they still want their $75.00. I've got another 500 gallon tank here that I am gonna hook up next summer to the honey production shed and if I can get the machine shed spray foamed I'll put a furnace in there too. It would be nice, I need to rewire 3 trailers, put a distributator cap on my 05 pickup, and park this dam ferd inside so it'll start when it gets below 32°. I'd like to buy a semi load of 1x12x16' western white pine and build bee hive body's out there next winter. We'll see. Gonna take $8-9000.00 to spray foam it. That's not toooo much of a problem, its just moving 25 years of "stuff" outside so the guys can do it. Dang a furnace and central air out there, as grandpa useta say "You'd bee poopin in tall clover then". Could park the motor home inside along with the 200, the little ol B and my new pickup.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:36pm
You need a loader tractor.  That'll clean the barn out right quick.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:44pm
Tom,
 I am coming up on a similar problem, only I have not been established in the shop as long as you. Still have a bunch of stuff to move around or out too.
I am looking forward to some heat also. Our propane was the same $1.67. Speaking of it. Tonight will be the coldest night of the year so far. My guess is the small tank will run out and I will have to change the line over to the 500 gal.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 20 Jan 2021 at 7:45pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:51pm
Son has a  40 x 60 building that we built 15 years ago.. Decided to get is spray foamed 2 years ago.. Didnt want everything setting outside and was going to take a couple weeks to clean it out.. We moved the truck / tractor / BIG stuff outside. I setup and moved shelves into the center of the building and left a 6 ft walkway around the 4 walls.  Outfit showed up and sprayed the walls and 6 ft of ceiling  all around the perimeter. We had agreed that they would come twice for a 2 day job. They left and i spent 3 weeks moving shelves back against the walls, building work benches, tool racks on the walls, etc... Then they showed up and sprayed the  ceiling ( actually roof between the perlons and rafters , we have no "ceiling"), and sprayed the front wall above the 3 big bay doors ( 10, 10, and 12 WIDE).. After cleanup , we moved the truck / tractors and some storage back inside.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:07pm
I just had some LP gas delivered for my shop.  I contracted several hundred gallons earlier in the season.  My price was $1.34/gallon.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:28pm
Brian, if I would have remembered to contract it the price would have been similar to yours, but the dang memory is like the rest of me, It don't like to work anymore. Oh well.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Brian, if I would have remembered to contract it the price would have been similar to yours, but the dang memory is like the rest of me, It don't like to work anymore. Oh well.

Tom, a few years ago I forgot to get a contract signed early in the season and had to pay a higher market price during the peak heating season.  I don't remember the price differential, but it was enough to spur my memory every year since then.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:43pm
Our contract price at the farm is $0.89/gallon but we buy around 10,000 gallons everytime we fill up. We buy between 30,000 and 40,000 gallons a year I guess. They give us 60 days to pay the bill at the $0.89/gallon price. If we don't pay within 60 days it goes to $1.19/gallon
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 4:54pm
Tom, been waiting for the invoice from my December LPG delivery, finally got here today. 
Agri F S charged me $1.41 / gallon to deliver 257.7 gal to my farm shop furnace tank. Shelby Cty, IA.  
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 5:14pm
Just a "side question", how much does a "gallon" of LP weight ? Is it like other liquids, "roughly" 8.5'ish  pounds ??
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 5:31pm
weight is about half that.............. 4.2 pounds per gallon... light !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 5:43pm
Thanks Steve, I wondered if being a somewhat vapor might change the weight.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:11pm
Not because of vapor. Petroleum products are lighter than water per gallon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic