This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rock Auto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock Auto
    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:21am
Would Rock Auto be a source for gaskets? WD tractor 
Sponsored Links

Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
hs7514s is the fel pro number for the g201 head set. They do show QOH of 1, at $40.79 -however this same exact head set is available at autozone for $42.49 on a 1 day order as well, with no shipping cost. Much simpler that way, and for 2 bucks..id just go to the parts store

Edited by Mfam8 - 20 Jan 2021 at 9:10am
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 7:49pm
got a set at NAPA; auto parts last week all worked well.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:23pm
"Rock auto" not rock tractor....not in their listing.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:46am
My experience with Rock Auto is a lot like most of the auto parts chains (at least in our area). If they can't look a part up solely by application (i.e. 1999 Ford F-250 XLT with engine), they have no idea how to find it. 

I have much better luck going to a regular auto parts store or even cross referencing parts on the internet.
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:45pm
If you have the part number they actually do, Steve.  You go to the home screen, and above the little flags, just to the right..use "part number search" Type in HS7514s- VOILA!

Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:03am
The part number trick does work. I was hoping to find more part numbers that work. I have found a few parts form this "Auto" store that fit on my "Tractor". Parts are hard to find, so I look at many possible sources. Thanks for the input.Smile
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:10am

If you try the Allis P/N on Ebay or Amazon, sometimes it gives you a cross-reference number.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:45am
Here's a funny story. I had a rearend axle bearing starting to growl in the back of my 29 pickup. I used an 8" Ford rear out of a Maverick. (fits perfect under a Model A) Sooo, I figured I'd better just bring the whole axle in with the bearing so I have somethin' for show n' tell just in case there's a problem. Well, the problem I was figuring was that they won't have the bearing for a 77 Maverick rear. When I put the axle up on the counter, I said to the young lad behind the counter, "I need an axle bearing for a 77' Maverick". I knew I was in trouble when he had that deer in the Headlights look. He said "I'm sorry sir, who makes a Maverick?" Just at that time an older gent like myself comes out of one of the aisles and yells at the young lad "Ford makes the Maverick"!! I young lad turned and looked at the old gent and said. "Geeeez, I didn't know", "that was before my time". I looked at that young feller and said "son ya make me feel old".  They actually did have the bearing in stock so I was good to go...
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
Take a look here Lon.....
Yes, we do offer gaskets for Allis-Chambers. Here’s a link to our engine parts search. - https://drivcat.com/engine.aspx
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 6:56am
Well Steve these days you have to tell them every little detail ,or do 1/2 their job for them by giving them a part  # so they can see if they have a part .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:24am
Just call someplace like Sandy Lake Implement and talk to a knowledgeable counter person like Brenda Thumbs Up and quit wasting your time with those dumba$$es that couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel. What you need will be at your door in a day or so, without the aggravation of hearing "That's not in the computer" Thumbs Down or "We can order it" Wacko 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:53am
Thanks for the replies. A little back ground about me. I stock many items so they are available for folks in the area. My current supplier has a gasket back ordered and need to get some on the shelf. Hard for me to buy something for $15 and sell it for $12. I shop so others don't have to. 
polarbear View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:58pm
AGCO dealer
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
Lon, If you're interested..I can forward you the Mahle master catalog for all allis engines...everything from the u to D3750 MKII engines. Mahle part numbers are the same as Victor, and Victor numbers cross well to fel Pro. Victor Reinz are widely available also. I'm glad the part # trick worked for you, its fairly simple..and nothing any different than you have to do at the dealer nowadays when dealing on the old engines. BTW..Mahle master catalog lists, gaskets, valves, cylinder liners, valve seats..all kinds of parts. It's invaluable as far as I am concerned!!

Edited by Mfam8 - 25 Jan 2021 at 2:45pm
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:58am
That would be great if you could forward that file. lselkriver@gmail.com is the email.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic