This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7040 Injector #6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwestquest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7040 Injector #6
    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm
Howdy,

Working on my 7040 maroon engine. Injector 6 wont come out completely. I comes out about a half inch and gets stuck. I figured its carbon or similar on the tip but wanted to hear your thoughts. My injectors dont have ears, they are the 7020 injectorswith the bracket. Im buying a slide kit for it tonight. I dont want to heat it up because my paint is great on the block and head.
Sponsored Links

bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 6:56pm
Put some long bolts in, then turn the engine over, odds are it will come right out.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm
if it comes out half inch the tip is out of combustion chamber.  Curious , did this have the bosch  kit installed or engine changed?
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 8:09pm
Weld a line nut to a nut that fits slide hammer and pull it out .
Midwestquest View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwestquest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:01am
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
Allis offered a 'kit' for that - very few sold.  I have  a gen set that has the kit for bosch injectors and the banjo DB pump. 
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwestquest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm
I have the Bosch injectors and a Roosa Master pump.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 2:14pm
do the lines have nuts on each end or a banjo fitting at the pump ? All 7040's had DM type pumps that the lines came out of the back of the pump at a 45 degree... Just curious...

Edited by tbran - 19 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwestquest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:12pm
They have nuts. Any idea on the torque spec for these boots on the brackets?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic