This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

185 on Craigslist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 185 on Craigslist
    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 7:41am
There is a 1980 185 with 786 hours on Madison WI Craigslist. Wonder what the price is? No connection to seller just posting in case someone is interested. It sure looks nice and appears to be in a shed full of other orange tractors. Tom
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 8:26am
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 8:59am
Nice tractor - im sure its got a nice price too
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:20am
My great uncle had a very similar, very low hour tractor, that was sold a couple years ago. I don't think it has ever spent a night under cover, since it was sold by my uncle's estate. I cringe every time I go by and see it sitting outside.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
I bought one ten years ago with 1300 hours, thought that was real low hour, now has 1650 on it.  Shedded most the time, sits out once in a while when I am using it.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 10:54pm
Very nice in picture. Looks like in a nice collection of 100 series Orange. Somewhere in Ill just south of I-80. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:12am
Very nice tractor, would like to see the rear tires. At under 800 hours in 40 years, that is starting to make it scary if one plans to use it any.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:06am

What is it that makes it Scary?

I have my Dad's D-15 II and it still has the original rear tires.

I have used it quite aggressively moving dirt with the 415 loader.

Iires are badly cracked but still holding together.

G
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:41am
I have a 1957 4 bolt front WD-45 original paint and tires. Close to the last one made. Fronts are 2 ribbed. All the tires are in great shape. Spent it’s life with a 2 row mounted picker. 
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

What is it that makes it Scary?

I have my Dad's D-15 II and it still has the original rear tires.

I have used it quite aggressively moving dirt with the 415 loader.

Iires are badly cracked but still holding together.

G
not referring to the tires as an issue (just would like to see them) as other things such as seals, rings must have done a lot of sitting idle (just don’t know what part of life that was?)
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:55am

Very nice tractor, would like to see the rear tires.

At under 800 hours in 40 years, that is starting to make it scary if one plans to use it any.

I took it from the above statement that you were concerned about the Rear Tires, and wanted to see them !

G
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:51am
Heard he wanted $15k for it.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
V8cat359 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8cat359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:11am
Looks to have mismatched rear tires. Also looks like to me it might have had some touch up paint work on the hood.
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:32pm
In all honesty if the tractor only has 790 hrs on it, the front tires wouldn’t be that worn!
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:38pm
I guess it depends how the front is set. Mine only last about 1000 hours on the 185 I have as toe is set too far in and road use chews them up. 15k might not be bad on that tractor if it’s right. Not making them anymore and in my opinion are a heck of a nice machine.

Edited by allisbred - 18 Jan 2021 at 3:26pm
dfennewald View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfennewald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
He has two of those tractos. The other has 2120 hours with original paint besides decals and black paint.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:17pm
I think your going to see more of these type tractors come up for sale at a big price. Big government is planning on phasing older diesel tractors out due to new clean air regulations. There will come a time when they will be banned. A lot of farmers in our area are buying or rebuilding older tractors because of the newer tractors and their issues. A lot of area farmers do their own repairs or have a independent local service guy do their work. Problem is Deere and others have a lock on the software and now the independent guys can’t do the repairs that they once could do. Older tractors can be still be repaired by the owner or independent mechanics so low hour tractors bring premium prices.
Now how long will it be? I guess less than 10 years, this ole world is moving fast under the new Administration and their big ideas. Price a new 75 hp tractor, $15k is a steal

Edited by AC720Man - 18 Jan 2021 at 8:27pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
soybreedingboy77 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soybreedingboy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:35pm
By “new administration” do you mean the Trump administration? As the Biden administration is still two days away from being sworn in.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:38am
715 area code is Wisconsin
allisbred View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by dfennewald dfennewald wrote:

He has two of those tractos. The other has 2120 hours with original paint besides decals and black paint.
Do you know anything about the one for sale? Is there a reason for keeping the one with more hours on it? I am trying to tell myself not to look into this one as we already have (3) 185’s. I was thinking of trying to find a nice, clean 8010 but this one could be a nice replacement for one of the others as we have gotten by very well with those over the years.
dfennewald View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfennewald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:07pm
I'm really not sure. I know he said he would sell either one of them. I believe the best thing to do would be to text or call him. I have been trying to buy another tractor off of him. He has several.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by soybreedingboy77 soybreedingboy77 wrote:

By “new administration” do you mean the Trump administration? As the Biden administration is still two days away from being sworn in.
Does a 4 year administration sound new? Rejoining the Paris Accord could be the killer of these tractors. Remember California is or was paying farmers a lot of money to destroy their old tractors so there's that.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic