This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

653 steering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 653 steering
    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 3:25pm
Gents,

My 653 stopped turning left. It was a slow decline, but it just up and stopped working. So I broke down and took it into a mechanic.   They took a look and said that the power steering valve (one under the seat is leaking). Also said that I had what looked like water mixed into the hydro oil and that the level was too high causing oil to fill into the brake area turning my dry brake into a wet oily mess that didn’t work at all.

I have two questions.

1. Does that make sense to you as far as the inability to turn, or could there be something else going on.   (Prior to it going out we did tighten the brake which seemed to work for a bit before it stopped working all together. )

2. Does anyone know where I could find the seals to replace the power steering assembly or what would you recommend to fix this old girl.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
MinnPar - Mpls MN 
Try washing the brake housing out with a solvent as clutch and brake will be oil soaked 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Bsumudd View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:48pm
I thought they were out of business.

I’ll google it and check it out! Thanks.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm
MINNPAR moved their inventory to Kansas City, I was told. Their webiste will give you availability if you have part numbers.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Bsumudd View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:36pm
So I may be close to a solution. I contacted the fine folks at kwik Parts

http://kwikpartsllc.com/contact/

Who were able to find at least one of every seal that I need to get my dozer back up and running. Since some of the seals I need two of, I am having a local hydraulic shop guy fabricate some (and extras). Hopefully that will work and I can get her back up and running.

Again can’t stress enough how easy to work with all the folks at kwik parts were. Give them a call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic