This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS ???
    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:25pm
There's a post on a different site about the USPS and the delays in delivery of Xmas cards. There was a jack hole that suggested that the USPO be dissolved and have Amazon be in charge of delivery LMOA !!!! I recently did work for a homeowner that works for the USPO in the "sorting" area. I inquired about the recent Amazon depot opening in South Bend to take the load off of the PO, he just laughed WinkWink !! Apparently, Amazon is a "union" based entity because they will NOT deliver packages over 26 #'s ConfusedShocked !! Those packages get shoved onto the mail carriers Ouch, which in turn delay regular mail service .
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:58pm
Thats interesting,, but in my opinion- not true
ZachD89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZachD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:04pm
Don’t wait till the week of Christmas to send cards    Can’t please everyone.
37 A,37 Waukesha B,35 WC,38 WF,M crawler,49 WF,49 WD,53 WD45,39 and 40 RC,47 WC,41 B,39 B,48G,48,C,59D10,D21,IB,B10,B12,B208,B1,Roto Bale Loader, sp100 combine, allcrop 66, L3 Gleaner
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
Never seen an Amazon truck in my driveway.... UPS, FEDEX deliver the BIG packages... USPS delivers to the mail box. ..... and they all work together..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 11:32pm
NO big packages here by postal carrier either---she dumps them on the UPS guy- corse she dont speak a word of english, dont shut the box lid, throws SMALL packages out on the ground by the driveway---- so NO postal here dont do big packages!
Fed-Ex and Ups does all the BIG heavy stuff!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 11:56pm
my post office calls me if we get a big or heavy package
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:42am
Prolly because yu got connections yet with the sher-if dept. and they don't wants tobe cuffed and took to jail...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:15am
My wife ordered Xmas cards on Amazon on 5 Dec.  USPS delivery.  She got them yesterday.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:07am
Fedex DHL and Amazon dump oversize products on our local Post Office
USPS has agreements with those to pink card oversize so the recipient can come to pick them up
For some packages when these are over run and out of time they will Dump what they cannot deliver on the USPS office. And they will admit to that.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:30am
 So fast shipping , on time shipping and the heaviest  shipping time of the year ?  see anything wrong here .      

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:41am
USPS was always slowed from Turkey Day until end of year when all the cards, packages and interstate shipments declined.  Been that way FOREVER, always knew to send cards by end of November, packages had to be gone enroute same time frame and I do NOT give a hang if they arrive EARLY, that is kind of the idea.  Late is NOT in my vocabulary as to excusable.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 8:24am
Yes all our Amazon purchase come with anyone but Amazon but they do come on the day Amazon says they will, around here UPS hired private people to do deliveries with their own vehicles.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 9:49am
I'm gonna have to blame the Newly Appointed Postmaster General!  I get three days of mail on the fourth day.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:14pm
Ever since the downsizing of the USPS, our mail is really slow.  Used to take a day to deliver to one end of town to the other.  Now it takes AT LEAST 5 days.  We used to have a post office in La Crosse, but all our mail now gets shipped up to the Twin Cities and sorted and then sent out.  WHAT A CROCK!!
Amazon??  They don't have 2 day delivery anymore and when you buy something, they list the day you'll get it, but lately that's been the day they ship it out....
You just can't count on either one anymore....this Covid19 farce might have something to do with it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:41pm
Remember when they were going to impose a dime charge for every email sent, to go to the USPS, by extension, they could have done the same to discussion board posts. Every post you make supports your federal government 

This board would be so quiet.LOL

1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
Rusty Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

My wife ordered Xmas cards on Amazon on 5 Dec.  USPS delivery.  She got them yesterday.

i ordered sway bar links on DEC 1, shipped DEC 2 and still no idea when they will be here... 

im in CT, they are coming from NJ. i could have driven the D17, in reverse there and back 5x by now
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 2:10pm
RUSTY !!!  LOL   LOL   Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 2:55pm
We ship stuff almost daily here. Post man stops and gets out of his Jeep picks up the packages and moves on. The real heavy stuff goes by Speedy. I have to drive 15 miles 1 way to a speedy pickup point. We receive most packages by UPS, Speedy, or Amazon truck/van. The heavy-bulky stuff comes by UPS or Speedy. Amazon stuff is delivered by gals in vans so no real heavy stuff, heavy amazon stuff comes by UPS. The Amazon driver we have will not get out of the van if there is a dog or rooster anywhere close, that might be the driver assigned to our delivery route.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:37pm
For speedee I just email their "oncall", with my info, package details, where to pick up, and where to ship, they keep a card # on file. Had one picked up today, 23# box with 806 pump/injectors going to nw wisc for $23. Doing this it gets picked up the next day, if you're trying to get something out same day, guess you gotta drive the 15 miles lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 7:26pm
Ed I will check this out. I spoke to the speeedie driver the other day and he said they would not pickup in the country. Thanks for the heads up.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 11:28pm
some of the delays are due to accidents, look at all the pile ups that show a fed ex truck or other delivery trucks with their loads scattered all over the roads. someone has to pick all that up and sort thru it and re-load to send it on, it don't get done in a day!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 1:15am
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Ed I will check this out. I spoke to the speeedie driver the other day and he said they would not pickup in the country. Thanks for the heads up.
I have shipped 2 things this fall via Speedee. I live out in the country. I call with size/weight and both addresses. They tell me how much and pay with CC over phone. Guy comes by next day with shipping label and picks it up. Last one went to Jasper Co IA. First went to Wisconsin. I get Shoup deliveries via Speedee. You just have to be in areas they serve on both ends I believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic