This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm gonna need more pepper,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm gonna need more pepper,,,,,,
    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 11:51am

Well,,after Christmas Dinner yesterday,,,,, our 24 year old College educated Granddaughter decided she was gonna help me and her NaNa kinda "clean up" the kitchen,,,AW Chit,,,!!! I informed her the kitchen was quite clean enough for me and since I WAS the head Chef,,,it was good enough for me. She started on the cupboards and,,,,and,,,I knew we was in trouble when she pulled the trash can over and STARTED THROWING A LOT OF MY SPICES in the friggin trash can,,!! I yelled for her to stop,,,and she calmly states, "But Grandpa,,these are all out of date and they ain't NO GOOD!!!  I tell her, OK, but before you throw any more away,,I want you to taste every one before you chunk it!!" She grabs her college educated voice and says,,,"Thats why they put "Use Before Dates" so you know when to throw them away. My wife just sat there and never said a word,,and I KNEW right then and there that she had become a friggin liberal. This from the Granddaughter that we raised almost from a 2 year old to thru High School!!  I mean,,who throws away perfectly good seasonings cause they are a few months past the "DUE DATE",,,,,!! I finally get her out of MY KITCHEN and get her to the den to open presents. Then I was gonna hide the trash can,,,and,,,,and,,I cannot even pick up the liner out of the friggin can up,,she had put so many of my prized and cherished spices in there,,,!!! That right there is what our children are being taught in PUBLIC schools. Soon as she goes back,,,I'ma prolly gonna go dumpster diving,,,,dang !!!!
Sponsored Links

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 12:00pm
I was told the same thing sorta, a few years back.  We have chickens, and was told that the eggs go bad after a week or 2??  Never seen a date on a chickens ars!!  Most store eggs are how old, or so old, before they hit the store?
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 12:36pm
I think that quite a few of us have that same problem. I can live on what a friend's wife and my daughters through out!Smile

Edited by nella(Pa) - 27 Dec 2020 at 12:37pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:02pm
I guess i never thought about PEPPER having an expiration date !! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:30pm
Next will be the honey!  Yes better check them out, the bottle, and the wife! LOL
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 1:38pm
Yeah, thats a bad scene- nothing wrong with those spices and in my opinion-she needs a talking too ! 
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:12pm
My granddaughter tried the same thing on my kitchen pantry at the farm but I got a chair to sit in and told her what she could toss and what she couldn't because somethings did need to go, even some jelly my Mom made in 1996. She knows not to push Grandpa too far. She did organize things so I could what I did have and what I needed to buy. These kids have not lived through hard times but they may be in for a rude awakening in the next few years. The manufacturers put the "use by" dates on there so they can sell more product not because it is bad by that date. I never have seen an expiration date on a salt cured country ham hanging in the smoke house.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:41pm
Thumbs Up
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 3:12pm
After the use by date spices don't go bad they just start losing some of their power.  All you need to do is taste what you're cooking and add more as needed.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 7:46pm

Yeah on the Honey,,,,She couldn't find the "Throw away date on a jar I been dippin into for some time and I gotta admit the lid don't rightly close too good is why she wanted to chunk it,,,AND I SAID NO,,!!! I told her Honey is the world's most perfect food and don'
t need no friggin date,,,,She looked around and stood in front of her Nana wantin some back up and the wife finally told her,,"That's his favorite jar, so you best leave it be, BUT, you CAN wash the lid off if you want to" MY jar of Honey is still in the cupboard!!ClapClap
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 11:50pm
Short story. Years ago when I was single I had a room mate that would throw perfectly good stuff away. Example: He had bought a new bottle of dish detergent and threw the half full bottle away only because he had the full one. This guy at that time was an electrician/union steward and made almost 5 times what I did and had to borrow money from me from time to time.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:44am
yep....Joe....keep them edjamahcated shemales outta the cook house! that was another reason for my outside cook shack...my spices go in a lockable cabinet/tool box in thar! honey don't expire! now on the eggs....most eggs have been sitting somewhere in a fridge for bouts 2 months before hitting the stores, and....did you know....that if'n you take them eggs and dip them (in shell) in veggie oil, you can put them up on the shelf or in the cupboard and they don't need to be in the fridge! good for another couple months on the shelf. can do what John says...adjust accordingly. if she has any questions, she can call me, but she'll prolly hang up on me! them expiration dates is another govt screw up. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:46am
ask her when salt expires!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:11am
     Wife and granddaughter have "cleaned up" the kitchen before. My worst problem is that they "put things away" where they think they should go and then I can't find anything for a month till I get it back where it belongs. I do most of the cooking now too. When they get done they say "things are so much easier to find now". I have threatened to clean out my wife's closet someday. Bet that meets with some resistance.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:32am

Yeah,,Guys,,Well, I done went and did my dumpster diving yesterday and fished out that trash bag (Dang it was heavy) and went thru it and I do have to agree that there were some chit I just did not have any use for, like "cake sprinkles" and some spice bottles that only had a cuple of "shakes" left in em, but instead of throwin em away,,SHE could of just poured what was left in another of same kind,,,,,either that or you can just dump all them different ones into a bottle and make your own "Smorgasborg",,,,LOLLOL
 ALSO,,I jumped out the wife on WHY she had not said nuttin bout HER Granddaughter throwin out most of our spices right in front of us,,?? I get the deer in the headlights stare. SOOoo,,I mention,,next time she shows up I'm gonna let her into YOUR closet and let her "cull" all them outfits you ain't wore in 3-5 years,,,,That right there brought an almost instant threat of bodily harm,,,,Womeens,,,!!!!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:43am

OH YEA,,Shameless,,I totally agree with ole John,,,Clap I mean,,how could anybody think that pepper goes bad,,? It might lose it's potency but just give her another shake or two,,!! I sure did not know that about eggs,,I like a couple of scrambeled eggs maybe 2-3  times a week with a hot link or some summer sausage, so a dozen eggs lasts me bout two weeks. Good to know tho,,,, Some Do-Gooder with family in business selling spices dreamt up that BS bout them Due Dates is a big money grab approved by the guvment,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 12:22am
it's like what ac hunter says around here sometimes too. the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife cleans some places where i keep bouts everything i need each day. then i can't find it, go to store and buy another, she says we already have it...where? i ask? she says right here....well i didn't look there! PfffffT!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 1:29am
Have ta tell thet grand-daughter that she goes trough yor spices again,
there will be an expiration date on her name in your will come monday... Stern Smile  Confused  Ermm  Shocked     LOL   
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 6:02am
Herbs and spices do lose their strength with age. Coriander left over from the previous year of butchering dose't taste as good as the fresh coriander. The same with buckwheat flour and toasted cornmeal. Hate to do it but I toss it out if it don't get used. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 6:12am
the 'best before date' has become a HUGE sucessful SCAM,probably makes 'them' billions every year, on unneeded purchases. It's part of 'their' dumbingdown policy. Same as buying a car every 7 years, new washer/dryer every 5, computer/phone EVERY year !

Sadly, I know several  who toss out 1/3-1/2 their food due to that label. Heck we ate for a month on 'expired' can goods and 4 year old frozen chickens. I think the jam in the fridge is 2008 or 9 ?
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:37pm
If you guys eat all this stuff before the sell by date, your all gonna be buying pants with a bigger waste band        seriously. The only thing getting tossed out here at the sell by date is milk. I usedta be able to drink all the Chocklet milk I wanted.   I havnt been able to drink white milk since the 1970's. Now chocklet really causes me problems. Oh I drank some German beer that must a been past the sell by date. You wait till the night was about over before you start drinking that cheep stuff. Gag it was bad, but those dang German guys would swill it down like they was drinking water.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:41pm
That reminds me of an old guy at work about 1980... Said he was cleaning out the garage and found an old 6 pack of beer that had been setting for 10 years or so.. Said he was REAL HOT so he opened and drank a couple....  "DANG.. I COULD HARDLY GET THAT STUFF DOWN"...... We all said GEES JOHN.. if it was that bad why not just throw it away !!... His answer.. WELL, WELL, WELL... it twernt THAT BAD !!  Wink   LOL

Only guy i know that never wasted beer.. When his glass was empty, he would lick out the last drop !! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

That reminds me of an old guy at work about 1980... Said he was cleaning out the garage and found an old 6 pack of beer that had been setting for 10 years or so.. Said he was REAL HOT so he opened and drank a couple....  "DANG.. I COULD HARDLY GET THAT STUFF DOWN"...... We all said GEES JOHN.. if it was that bad why not just throw it away !!... His answer.. WELL, WELL, WELL... it twernt THAT BAD !!  Wink   LOL

Only guy i know that never wasted beer.. When his glass was empty, he would lick out the last drop !! 

That right there is a great one,,Steve,,,,ClapClap
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 1:40am
Hey Joe don't worry about the egg if when you break it in the pan the yoke still stands up with with a good crown. Now if it flattens out pretty quickly I don't want a thing to do with them.      Leon
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:02am

Ya Know,,,when we first moved out to the "Country",,we was the only'ist house for a mile either way up the road,,and,,sure was nice,,!!  I thought we had to get us some chickies to get our own "free Range Eggs" cause everybody says thems the bestest tasting,,,chit,,I never could taste the difference,,???
 The only'ist reason I finally got rid of them chickies was they never learnt english too good and would not stop chittin right in front of both doors,,,you had to LOOK before you stepped out the door else,,,,,,,,LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:26pm
If you look at it from a medical standpoint, then that is the reason that so many of us are still alive!!!!!  We ate so many BAD things, that it helped our defensive system cope with all the new crap that the gubmint is making up for us to get sick so they can sell more doses of shots to make us better.  We've got built in anti-bodies from all that stuff.
That's my story an I'm stickin to it!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic