This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want to contract

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to contract
    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:39pm
I am thinking I would go to Minneapolis tomorrow and see if anyone would like to earn a few extra dollars for Christmas and travel to Nebraska and blow up a machine and maybe even to it's operator if he's a problem.

It started snowing here around noon and blowing at about 40 miles an hour since the temp has dropped to almost zero and is supposed to blow until tomorrow A.M.  I 90 in southern MN is closed for 120 miles and I 94 is closed for 40 miles.  They are telling us no travel, duh that's a no-brainer.
Sponsored Links

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:42pm
Just in time for a white Christmas.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:45pm
GEES... i was working outside in a tee shirt today !! .......... central Ill.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:22pm
I'd love to see some of that blizzard action here!  I don't need to go to work or the store!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:51pm
Uh Oh! Darrell you are on the watch list now! LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 8:19pm
Yep green grass and 40 F this AM , then some rain , then few flakes and wind - now drifts across back yard , will need to go out in a bit and check of plow truck will run so I can plow church . last time i drove it was Nov 12 for a snow dusting and before that was Oct 20 when i plowed for 2 hours . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:31pm
Our power was off for 4 hours and just came back on.  I just can't imagine what it must be like to be out repair electrical problems in this weather, god bless those hard working crews.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
  We had 48 this morning temp falling all day rain changing over to snow supposed to be a high around 20 Christmas Day and 3" to 5 " of snow by the time it's all over. 
 Darrell maybe you should start on of them fund me acounts on Facebook to help with your project that you mentioned you never know how much you might be able to raise to help pay for your trip
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
If somebody wants to stop by and pick up a couple of wore out monkey wrenches to toss in the turbo on that danged old thing, I'll start looking for them. High of 13 here today. Dang, I hate winter.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:11pm
WOOHOO! ya'lls are gittin a white Christmas for the Children! i'm sooooooo happy! Darrell....now you can take the Grand Kids out and show them how to play in the "pretty"! fire up them snowmobiles!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:16pm
It actually surpassed the forecast high today, gots up to a whole 17° here today. We had to deliever 75 bottles of honey to a store in Valley Junction West Des Moines today. Old gal needed some paper to print pictures. So we stopped at a Walmart. I got thru the store in good time but it took her 45 min to an hour to get outta the dang parking lot. Guys this was at 1:30 this afternoon. It was absolutly silly. Good thing I didn't have to P. Gonna head down to my 99 year old moms tomorrow, take her a good Christmas dinner. Hoping everyone has a Great Christmas tomorrow and a healthy/happy New Year this upcoming year.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 12:37am
Darrell, just turn the nozzle so it points west,  we need snow so bad here, was 57 today about the same tomorrow.  We's way short on moisture this fall and winter isn't looking much better.

Can't do much about the weather but I can wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:14am
We ended up with 7" or more and more supposed to fall this afternoon and evening so I am not going anywhere or going to worry about getting snowblower out till tomorrow
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 11:11am
Shameless had the speed just right on that machine so it only reached about 150 miles south of us here.  Previous load of pretty from his tune-up run has all melted away.  Sittin' out on the deck yesterday PM and the deck thermometer was reading, at 60 deg F.    grandson said it felt like late August!!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 11:34pm
John, it's about the same here.  Driest summer, fall and now winter.  I don't mind though, maybe it'll dry out the swamp I have in the back 40.  It filled up 2 years ago and has only gone down SOME this year.
I want to know WHO stole my wind machine??  JC and I had it all tuned up just right, but now somebody has gone and put a turbo on it!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Less blame it on Shameless he done it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 11:21pm
JohnCo....i ain't gonna sends you any....cuz then one of the stockholders would enjoy it to much at the slopes....
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 2:04am
Hey Dale, what kind of friend are you?  I go out of my way to pay you a visit and I didn't even go looking for the pretty machine to "fix"!
Can't you just send the pretty a little north so I get lots of snow on my watershed but not on the ski slopes.  I thought your had it that machine so finely adjusted that you could put the pretty exactly where you want it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 12:28am
well i thought i did have it all set too...but for some reason....oh....wait....i did set it in a dif spot....maybe that's it! but John...i was watching you when you was here and i saw you looking around and straining yer neck a bit to look around....you can't fool me! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic