This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

game and parks....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: game and parks....
    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 1:03am
called me the other day, asking permission to go across my farm to kill coyotes. they have been raising havoc around here, and in town too. one fella was walking his small dog in town, a coyote jumped out and grabbed the small do ripping the leash out of the guys hand and ran off with the dog, never was found. several have been hanging around the one local grade school near here, watching small kids. they are brave suckers and now mostly come out in daylight hours. there isn't a rabbit/turkey/phesant/anything to be seen around here now. we hear them at night yipping and howling, one sounds alot like a wolf. they don't seem to be afraid of people. i gave them permission for elimination. the neighbors have too. they came out last night, i don't know what their take was yet. i've got an old frozen turkey in the freezer that is to old to do up, i think i;ll fasten it to a tree and sit and wait with a rifle. coon/fox/coyote/anything that wants to try for it will gits blasted. a local cop in town was working a call, and 3 coyotes surrounded him and kept working their way closer, he got one of them, and the other 2 ran off. that's pretty brave of them. the ones seen don't look like they are starving, they look well fed and have good coats on them. any of ya;ll else where having this problem in your areas?
Sponsored Links

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:00am
They have been pretty thick around here since summer.
More so than in the last 20 years.
Every night at dusk they start going off.

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:34am
I see them now and then. I think there are more coyote hunters than coyotes around here
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:23am
I got a neighbor that keeps their numbers down.  You can also tell when they are around cause there ain't no bunnies around.  Like right now!  Haven't seen turkeys in quite awhile, so I guess I better tell the neighbor to get to work.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:24am
I got a neighbor that keeps their numbers down.  You can also tell when they are around cause there ain't no bunnies around.  Like right now!  Haven't seen turkeys in quite awhile, so I guess I better tell the neighbor to get to work.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 1:49pm
Got them at the farm and here also. Couple of neighbors around the farm keep the population down but have not been able to eliminate them all. I keep a firearm and plenty of ammo with me if I am walking in the fields or woods.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm
At my farm just after dark & for a couple hours you hear them to east, south and west. Have large ungrazed timbers and state & county parks in those directions..  My little old house dog wouldn't leave my side when we go down there. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:03pm
we have a bad mountian lion problem here  if you kill one around here none of the locals farmers and ranchers will turn you in
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:32am
Great to live in the city and think your helping the world by saving the all the big preditors. Wonder how they would feel stepping out of the elevator and greeting a hungy gray wolf or cougar.

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Great to live in the city and think your helping the world by saving the all the big preditors. Wonder how they would feel stepping out of the elevator and greeting a hungy gray wolf or cougar.

The ones I know would probably be dumb enough to try and pet the damn things
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:00pm
Sadly we used to have a whole bunch of guys and their sons hunt them here. The boys have gotten old and most have retired. Sons have gotten hitched up and moved away from the farms. Grandson has picked up a couple of good Coyote rifles and I have been giving him lessons on shooting using a sling. It gives you 4 points of contact with your firearm instead of 3. A sling makes your aim a whole lot steadier. Sadly my left arm has so much nerve damage I cannot raise a rifle up to fire it at a distant target. And since ol Shameless sent us a whole lot of cold wet snow, I AIN'T laying on the ground.   
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 10:59pm
Tom....you can lay wrapped ina blue tarp!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic