This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$#&@*^$@^ mice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $#&@*^$@^ mice
    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 2:09am
i have alot of them small drawer cabinets in my semi trailer shop/storage. went out to get a couple bolts and them suckers had crawled up inside the back of several cabinets and made a nest plus pee'd on about all the stuff inside. i yanked out the nests and was glad they didn't pee on the ones i needed, but i pulled out all the drawers part way, maybe they won't go in and lay now. i guess when it warms up i'll hafta figger out some kinda backing to mount or set the cabinets to. i need to catch them suckers and mail them to someone! Joe...you need some to feed all yer snakes down there?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 5:29am
you got em cause your machine's RUNNING ! Turn it off, it'll get cold, they'll go away.......
OK.... put one of those ultrasonic noise makers in the trailer,no more 'freeloaders'.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Joe Goodwill View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Goodwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:16am
We have mice that enjoy those ultrasonic contraptions. Irish spring soap, bounce sheets, a mouse product our JD dealer sells, cats and sometimes need a trap! It’s a never ending battle.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:30am
I still use a Bucket trap with a touch of dawn soap in the water.  They fall in and lack of surface tension they drown fairly quickly.  ONLY drawback is they NEVER STOP COMING to the trap.  Have dumped literally HUNDREDS out behind the barn where possum and such eat them up.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:06am

Shameless,,,NO,,!!  I DO NOT want or need any mices out here,,!!  My 8 cats who I "Allow" to habitate in my garage are quite satisfied with the meager numbers of mice in the garage and outside,,,,Fact is,,I ain't seen a mouse in the longest,,,!!  I do gots two Momma Kittys that are pure Sluts as they will allow the neighbor Boy cats to come "Visit" pretty regular. I'm thinkin, I'm gonna start sending the neighbors a bill for "services rendered",,,,,LOL
 OH,,and NO Snakes,,Ya hear,,!!Clap
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm
leave the doors open during the day for the cats to go in and hunt.  It works in my barn!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 2:10pm
I think the neighbors should be sending you the bill for "servicing" the cats!

I called some place once about a bill or something and after talking to the young sounding woman, she asked me if there was anything else that she could be of service for.  I told her I felt I'd been serviced enough, she laughed.  Probably a farm girl.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 12:28pm
A note on the door that says Leave $5 on refrigerator. should take care of it.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 12:51am
i think the coyotes got all of our outside cats, none seen for a month or so. they were good hunters too!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:07am
I set up a bucket trap back when we had chickens and rigged it up to a 25 mile 12 volt fencer.
They would get nailed when they reached the bait tray and fall in the water.
I think a pack rat got in there cause I checked it one morning and it was destroyed and no varmint. Had it in the chicken house.
Coke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 1:43pm
Get some cats, we've had cats on and off in the shed over the years, but finally went to the shelter and picked up a couple of feral cats as permanent residents, keep 'em in the shed with food and water, no more mice. Still got a possum this year tho'.

Walmart sells giant bags of outdoor cat food for $20 and it lasts forever.
1957 D17 Diesel w/ M&W Pistons
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
Since the 5 - 6" snow they've  started eating the bait in the sheds. Refilled the bait boxes today ALL of them were empty, will keep them filled until eating drops off. Them just some bait in each shed. 
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:35pm
Ammonia, basically whats in mothballs. It messes up their sense of smell and they do not like it. I place a sponge in a rectangle cheap Tupperware and drill 1/2 inch holes in the top . Soak the sponge with Ammonia and put top on . Refresh every 2 to 3 weeks. Place in drawer and no mo mice
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:29pm
In this post you complain about the mice, in another you're bad mouthing the coyotes, you have the answer to your problem here.  Put the dogs in the Burb and leave the doors open in the house for the coyotes to come in and get the mice, problem solved! LOL

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:08am
what would i do without you John!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

what would i do without you John!

Wink Glad it was you not me John. LOLLOL I am sure he will be trying to return the favor. LOL
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 12:47pm
Ray, I'm doing everything I can to get him to send me some Pretty!
Dale, life would be very boring...
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:49pm
John ya need to send ol Shameless a new compass, he sent the dang stuff east and you wanted it sent west.   Did I say I HATE SNOW.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:02pm
me thunks....that Tom hates bouts everything???? oh....Tom....you want another goat for your herd? it's free
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 11:08am
You take care Shameless you could get on PETA's knotty list, Wink the local fish wrap (news paper for low information voters ) had editorial about being nice to mice.LOL
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
being nice to mice.

Now I get it, that must be why ole socks ( our no nads tom cat) eats them head first.  Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic