This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked up a case of Corona the other day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picked up a case of Corona the other day
    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:29pm
...and not the good kind.  So far its been mostly like a cold and cough. The disturbing part is the fever just keeps hanging on. Not a high fever, around 100 degrees. Just when you think it's gone for good it creeps back up again. On day 7 now.  I almost always wear a mask in public, at work, etc...  I wash my hands about 15 times a day at work and more when I get home, and use sanitizer to the point where my skin gets raw and cracked. Did all this chit for the last 9 months and ended up gettin it anyway. Don't even know where I picked it up.  I'm not saying don't take precautions, all I'm saying is I don't know how much good they did for me except make life more difficult for 9 months and for what?
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:35pm
Not sure if I do not have it, NO Temperature just my normal 97.8 so will not test me, dry cough, sinus drainage, fatigue.  Been like this three weeks.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:40pm
Oh and I lost sense of smell on day 3. Can't smell a damn thing. I poured a can of gas in my utv yesterday since I was tired of being couped up in the house, for the hell of it I stuck my nose over the neck of the gas tank and took a big whiff - Nothing. Very strange.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:13pm
Friend of mine also talked about could not smell for a while...

maybe you should have only picked up the six-pack...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
and yes... prayers for your fast , complete recovery
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:05am
Here, you don't need a fever to be tested. All you have to do is tell them you feel bad and are suspicious and they will test you. Takes a few days to a week to get results now because they're so swamped, but they haven't turned anyone away yet.

Hospital is at full capacity. Wife is working 16 hour days. I've lived here the first 23 years of my life, gone for 9, back for 22 more, never seen the flu do that to the hospital.

So if you have one of these stay-at-home relatively mild cases, be thankful. It hits some very hard, even some that are healthy to begin with. When it gets a stranglehold in a small community like this, it is truly overwhelming.

Best of luck in your health Allis Freak, prayers with you.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 10:01am

Well,,,Best Of Luck to you,, Allis Freak!  We be prayin for you.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 12:07pm
I had the corona back in July,, fever at 101 or so, with chills,, even in july, bad headache for days, really felt fatigue/tired,, no energy to do anything, I was down about 2 weeks, maybe a few more days  than that. I didn't get out much,(stay away from people) washed hands, etc. have no idea where I got it.. over it now, feel ok
I thought my hay fever/allergies were acting up, just worse than usual,, but when I just laid around for 4-5 days that woman that lives here made me go get tested...

my thought on covid,, either you have had it,,, or,, your gonna get it...

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 30 Nov 2020 at 12:09pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm
Thanks for the good wishes. On day 7 now, feel ok, still running that low grade fever but it's getting lower. One thing for sure is you gotta get up and move around if you can. Don't just lay around and let that crap get into your lungs. Work kicked me out until next Monday so now I can go warm up the shop and get out of the house for a while. Take care.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:31pm
Prayers for continued healing, just don't over do it, make sure it get some rest.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:48pm
Research the vitamin and mineral protocol many health officials advocate, the dosages, and frequency vary depending on your age. It has been reported, the severity, and longevity of the illness is greatly reduced.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 1:29am
I'm hoping you are feeling better and getting some time in the shop to recuperate.  A friend and his wife both got it on a trip to western Ohio to check on her folks, they think they got it at the Detroit Airport.  She was down for a week, he's been pretty much down for 8 weeks now.  Dr. wants to keep him out of the hospital as he had a heart attack a few years ago and doesn't want him to pick up any other germs.  He says the up days are now outnumbering the down days.  He's been working from home so has been keeping busy and out of crowds.  His wife has an insurance office and is only going in a couple days a week, so much can be done from home with a phone and a computer.
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 2:31am
AF,
To help you, get some colloidal silver from the health food store or a pharmacy and follow direction to take it.
I make my own with a generator from here and I think he has a sale going on now: thesilveredge.com
Also, you can increase your lemon intake daily however you'd like.
Add zinc and Vit.C to your regimen.
Be drinking white grapefruit juice regularly clean your lymph system for the body to carry away toxins at the cellular level.
Then, be drinking Kombucha tea to clean and detoxify your liver to help it clean and filter your blood easier.
You find it at your grocery or health food store for about $3/pt out the door.
I make my own tea with brown sugar, 2cups, and pure maple syrup, 2 tblspns, per gallon instead of white sugar and I add about 12-16 of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar to the 1st batch. Steep the 5 small bags in SS or glass pot, pour into a wide mouth gallon jar, add the sugar and syrup, cool down the tea and add the ACV, cover with a cheesecloth, set on the shelf out of direct sunlight for 7 days,remove the mushroom and save, pull and pour off on the 7th day in a glass container, save the last 12-16ozs for your starter on the next batch, put mushroom on the next batch. Repeat.
I have full detailed instructions for this and a lemon concoction mix that we use here, if you'd like to have them. Just ask. Have a good week.
My colloidal silver generator has more than paid for itself, too, as we've had it for a few years now.

Edited by Jim Hancock - 03 Dec 2020 at 2:34am
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:00am
I tested positive 11/24/20, was up & down until Sunday night went to hospital they put me in seems covid gave me pneumonia, they started me on oxygen & medication. Got me out of hospital and home Wednesday noon.They have me on a 7 day regiment of medication and oxygen from home. They say I may have to use this oxygen for another 2 to 3 weeks. My wife also has it but so far her symptoms are a lot milder. I can for sure say Mercy hospital has a handle on this,got me in there,got me on the right track to mend,got me out of there to make room they need
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 7:36am
For sure keep an eye out for any shortness of breath and a low but steady headache right behind your eyes. These are warning signs your oxygen levels are low, that's where this crap starts you down a road you don't want to go on. I've never had any kind of oxygen problems before but this covid showed me I'm not 100 % bulletproof
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:10pm
Thanks again for all the kind replies. I did have the headache behind the eyeballs for about 4 days but it has since gone away. 9 days of fever and finally today that has not showed up, hopefully that is gone too. I managed to go for a 1.5 mile walk today and then went for a long drive in the Polaris Ranger. Now I'm sitting at home on my second beerBeer. I'm 53 years old and I decided dammit, I'm having a beer or 3 tonight. My wife has it as well but she is 6 years younger than me (I know, cradle robber) and was basically over it in 3 days. Oh, and the beer I'm having is NOT Corona.

Edited by AllisFreak MN - 03 Dec 2020 at 6:14pm
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:58pm
Buy yourself one of those little oxygen machines that slide over your finger,they are less than 30 bucks. You may never need it again but at least if you do you'll have it. If you had the headache you had low oxygen,I'm 13 years older than you,I've never had oxygen issues either & work all the time,just helped 2 guys run 600 foot of 4 strand gaucho with rope stretchers & you know that's a work out
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 1:32am
I had it 3 months ago and my headaches came and went and I just felt like crap.  I was down for the count for a little over a week.  Lost a lot of my beer gut, so there is something good came out of this.
I still can't catch my breath and not even exerting or anything.  Just walking will do it.  I still can't smell anything either.  If I get a great concentration of something, then I can smell it, but just barely.
I'll be praying for you and hope you get through this with out any bad affects.
Like Michael V says, if.......
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:38am
Ted, you really need to get that breathing thing looked at,they sent me home from the hospital with oxygen, that covid really messes up your lung function. I have to wear this every day except for when I do the breathing exercises, it's working because I am building and holding oxygen almost back to normal levels without using oxygen, you can be doing some pretty hard stuff on other parts of your body trying to operate on low oxygen & if your running out of air doing nothing there is something wrong. Easiest way to tell is one of those oxygen meters for your finger. I had a very scary but very informative 3 day visit at our hospital .
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:11am

Hey Ted,,,10-4 on what ole TomC is telling you,,Those little Oxygen testers for the fingers are only bout $10 and will keep you out of the ER,,,,!!  That right there is one of the most dangerous things bout the covid,,so get on down to walmart and get you one,,!! Stay SAFE,,,,,,Clap
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:53am
They told me this covid crap hides a lot of normal warning signs,mine got to 78 & I was a little short of breath, only reason I knew it was low is because we have that little unit,when I got there they had people in there that their oxygen levels were in the high 60s and STILL showed none of the warning signs. You get that low and your headed for some real serious problems
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic