This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis B hydraulic pump leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac55tractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis B hydraulic pump leak
    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:58pm
Hi All
On my 1955 Allis B's hydraulic pump there are three hex bolts on the top of the pump. There is oil seeping out of one or more of them. I am not sure if trying to tightening them will do any damage or throw off any adjustment. I did not want to open a can of worms, by messing with something that I am not 100% clear about. 
Thanks
Steve
Raymond, Maine
Sponsored Links

TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 3:05pm
The 2 near the where the pump mounts are 9/16" X 18 thd, and seal with the copper gasket.  These are over the discharge valves.  The 3rd near the control is 1/4" npt it is over the relief valve.  Use a wrap of teflon tape on these threads careful to not get any over the end of plug.  Do not over tighten the pipe plug.  No problem to remove any of these with the engine off and lift down.  Tim
ac55tractor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac55tractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 3:48pm
Tim,
Thank you for the response. My guess is that the 1/4" plug is for an additional hydraulic cylinder. Do you know if was there some sort of an attachment for those 9/16" X 18  NF threads? I have had my tractor for almost 30 years. I am still learning about it.
Steve
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 3:56pm
The two with BOLT HEADS ( item 5) have a copper washer under them item 31) .. As TIM said.... You can get new washers at NAPA... or you can heat them up with a propane torch, let them cool and they should be soft to use again... the other one is a pipe plug-- thread tape.

Edited by steve(ill) - 26 Oct 2020 at 3:56pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic