This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a new third hear wd 45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a new third hear wd 45
    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:14pm
Got the cover off the wd 45 today. Third gear is definitely toast ( trying to get image upload). Does anyone have a source for a nos one ? I couldn't find a new one on line
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 11:02pm
Post wanted in classifieds? There are guys who part them out. May find a good used one. Does AGCO list it? $$$$$  Better get the collar to.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:32am
Probably cheaper to buy a complete 'parts' tractor, Though if you're like me, you'll get it running, then have to buy another 'parts' tractor to fix the 1st one, but you'll get it runnin and ......
...yeah that's why I have 3 D-14s ....Big smile
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:54am
My experience  when you start mixing gear sets you will have noise .  If you keep the pinion shaft and change all the gears is what I would do. 
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:41am
I could find the collar. It is the gear I am having trouble finding. I just pulled the cover to get a better idea of how big of a project I am looking. The more I think about how much work I am looking at, the more I think about your idea, your good idea of replacing all the gears. And one of the members offered me an entire used tranny for free. It is amazing how nice the people are on this site as long as you stay off the politic section. Still can't that picture to load
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:23am
The last time Don (MO) and I talked about this (couple years ago) the gear was available from agco for around $1100.00. Was $750.00 when I had my 45d apart in 2015. You will probably need the splined collar that the coupler slides on as well, due to wear which tends to add to the gear jumping issue.I got a good used third gear and a nos splined collar from Matt Scott in Jordan Mn. He deals in nos and used parts.Link to his web site  http://www.mattscottllc.com/    his forum handle to send PM   Matt (Jordan,MN)  or Alex09(WI)  at A&W tractor repair might be another source.Mikez  might be another as well.

Edited by ac45dave - 25 Oct 2020 at 8:36am
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 8:41am
re: picture uploading

What I've always done is..
goto 'Member Control panel'
goto 'File Manager'
click on 'new upload'
find picture on your computer...
select, click on OK,  wait a bit...
a copy should now be in your 'folder' on the server.
to get into a msg..
use the green ?? icon to select it from your files(pictures) ON the server.
click on the 'size' options, I use 640 wide  x 480 tall ( old VGA numbers...)
It should now be in the message...

I may be missing a step or two, maybe the names aren't perfect, doing this from 67 yr old memory....

Jay

Yessh 4110 for ONE gear ?? I've bought TWO complete, 'running' D-14s for that....

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 10:02am
Around 1985 that gear was $350 from AC. Some kid found out the hard way that speed shifting 2nd to 3rd while plowing didn't work well.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 10:14am
If you can't find a gear this person was an AC block man for the East coast area and has a lot of AC parts. 6107six79776. 

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 7:21am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Around 1985 that gear was $350 from AC. Some kid found out the hard way that speed shifting 2nd to 3rd while plowing didn't work well.

I'm guessing we might be able to figure out who that "kid" was....
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 11:35am
Better be sitting down when you read this. Found a new gear, 1500 dollars
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 2:07pm
third hears are getting hard to come by these days!  LOL
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 2:29pm
Goodness. Are any other gears available? I suspect most WD 45 gears that need replaced will be 2nd or 3rd.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:15pm
Funny lou
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:39pm
Ole Lou is a clown ain't he?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:40pm
sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

Hey!! At least it was mine not dad's. I even paid the bill!!! I won't tell you that it happened twice. He did convince me that plowing in 2nd all the time made more sense. That's when I spread it to 16's (4-16's) Pop was the local area mechanic. Had plenty experience and helped teach me what needed done next....have had that tractor apart from one end to the other over the years.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 26 Oct 2020 at 9:50pm
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:33am

Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

Hey!! At least it was mine not dad's. I even paid the bill!!! I won't tell you that it happened twice. He did convince me that plowing in 2nd all the time made more sense. That's when I spread it to 16's (4-16's) Pop was the local area mechanic. Had plenty experience and helped teach me what needed done next....have had that tractor apart from one end to the other over the years.

I think there were a lot of us that drove different after we started paying for our own repairs!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic