This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the plow out for the first time since 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 12:32pm
Chris -- Yeah, that was news to me too. I think I just accidentally figured it out while plowing in 2018, but it was working good for me the other day. I hit some hard clay and I could feel it dig in and pull good. Hoping to get back out in the field this weekend.

Yeah, the "flap disc" is those round discs that are made up of multiple pieces of sandpaper on an angle stacked together.

It worked a little better than the knob cup brush, but it probably removes more material as well.

I know the one time I plowed some sod with this plow, it rolled it over nicely, I assume thanks to the cover board at the top? So many plow styles, and I don't know much about them at all. Wish we had some plow days this year!

jaybmiller -- Oh yeah, I am hoping from here on out if I keep it greased then maybe a cup brush would be all I need. I don't want to fight with a flap disc any more than I have to!

Edited by garden_guy - 02 Nov 2020 at 12:32pm
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 4:11pm
GG,
 Thanks for the picture. I have used those for sanding many times too. I just never called them a flap disc, not sure what I called them. That may be the correct name. I had something else in mind. Actual flaps spinning out from a drum like wheel, that might go on a drill.  These ones your showing work good but seem to clog quickly for me.
Keep plowing!:)
Regards,
Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 02 Nov 2020 at 4:13pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic