This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7030 puller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7030 puller
    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:07pm
I'm finally going to decab my 7030 this winter and fix it up to pull...it's sitting around 160hp now and I want to put more in it to do some brush pulls next summer. still want to use it for an auger tractor and bushogging tractor when I'm not playing with it. What do I need to do to get 250-300 hp out of her
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:53am
Dr Allis will get you going!

Edited by DougG - 13 Oct 2020 at 7:30am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:23am
Find a used 7080/7580/N-6 injection pump from salvage and have it gone thru for high delivery. Get a spare set of injector bodies that match your current injectors, which I assume are Allis, not Bosch. Buy a set of .5 mm 4 hole injector tips and attach them to the spare set of injector bodies and set pressures at 2800 to 3000 psi.  All you need to do is swap out pump and injectors to go pulling. You need a better turbo to be able to stay on the engine to farm with and pull with. If you leave the old turbo on, it will self-destruct quite quickly.
ToddnwIl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddnwIl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
injpumpEd is your man. PM him and I'm sure he can hook you up. He has our 210 making that horse power.
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:16pm
What turbo should I go with
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:48am
I have n6 pump that could be bought. needs gone over it’s a good core off of running motor
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:00am
Turbo choice depends upon your parameters. Do you expect to farm with it too????????????
Jwmac7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jwmac7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm
Yes I still expect to use it lightly around the farm...auger and bushog
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:26am
I have a drop in 475ci kit would include ductile iron sleeves and orings, Cast aluminum pistons, piston rings, copper head gasket, and one set of fire rings roughly $3500 +$650 connecting rod core charge options to get harden rods $1100
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:40am
Years ago, my choice of a farm/pulling turbo would have been a Schwitzer 3LM-466. Rugged, reliable and better performance than OEM. Todays technology surely has something even better, probably with a waste gated exhaust. Any turbo change will require new fabbed up oil lines, air tube plumbing and 4 inch exhaust.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:49am
Without a doubt, the S200 supercore makes a great turbo for these. It took minor modifications to put on my 7040 with an innercooler. It is a little more expensive than a stock turbo, but well worth the money being a modern map groove turbo. I've sold some to guys for strictly farming too. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 10:12am
I stuck a GT-40 Garret turbo off of a 1998ish DT466 Navistar engine on a 301 for pulling and it performed well. It also had the map ring groove in the compressor housing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic