This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D Grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D Grader
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:29am
Hi there,

What year would be a grader with the serial number D-6239?

Thanks

Max
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 6:27pm
1963, per Swinford's book...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Max-AC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:11pm
Thank you for the fast answer!
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:51am
   Good morning and welcome to the Forum. I checked the serial number and on my lists, it also shows up as a 1963 model. I know of several models from the 1950's around this area. The series, from the 60's are rare around here, and I do not have any information on how the D series progressed in mechanical improvements.
   Does your grader have mechanical brakes, power steering, auxiliary transmission, and what is your engine make and size?

Are you located in Ontario?
    My grader is a 1967 'D Special"
   Ross D.,   Erin, Ontario.

Max-AC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 8:25am
Hi guys finally received my Grader! Need TLC and gas tank leaking... any one would have an complète air filter assembly...mine as been change and look bad... also need the gas throtle complete assembly.

Its a 1963 D serial number 6239 with square frame... has steering damping system and side shift blade👍

Max
Max-AC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 8:29am
Hi Ross, got my grader need some parts...air assembly and gas throtle complete linkage... have side shift blade and steering damping system. No creeping transmission and no scarifier. Decent shape but need tlc here and there... engine is gas but dont know wich model...dont see number stamped... maxime.x.couture@gmail.com

Thanks

Max 👍
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 4:52pm
When I had my D grader I got rid of the hand throttle as there was already too many functions that required the use of your hands. Instead I ran a flexible cable from the governor around the back of the engine and down along the inside of the channel frame to a point where I mounted a pivot point for a heel and toe throttle. Tap the heel with your right foot to slow the engine and tap the toe to increase engine speed leaving both hands free to control the hydraulics and steering. It also helped when roading. Left hand on the steering wheel, right hand on the shifter, left foot on the clutch and right foot on the throttle to synchronize engine speed to minimize gear grinding. 
Jack of all trades, master of none
Max-AC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max-AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 7:20am
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic