This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allcrop Finishing sieves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJon1_WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allcrop Finishing sieves
    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:10am
So, 2 questions here: 

In my little collection of All Crop Paperwork, I see there are two screens that it lists for finish sieves for wheat, a a 5/32 x 3/4 and a 3/16 x 3/4.  Given that its all of a 32nd of an inch of width, is there really any difference?  

Secondly, I have been looking around the internet, and I have not had any luck finding much in the way for finishing screens for the All Crops, other than the occasional ad that seems to either sell in a day or two, or be prohibitively expensive.  Has anyone ever found a shop that makes new screens?  I've got several metal shops in my area that have the equipment to make the screens themselves, and I could do the rest of the work myself, but it would be kinda silly to  go through all the work of setup of there is someone who already does it.
Sponsored Links

combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
Are you looking for a wheat screen?
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
wlambs View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlambs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:07am
have clover and may be a wheat can sale call 7066484210

185,6080,6060,72 allcrop, roto baler
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:50pm
I had the resources to make all the screens for all the all-crops as well as for all the scour-Kleens units. The problem was cost. People just don’t want to pay the price. I’ve made most of the screens for my scour-kleen. As for the combine screens I’ve found all but 3 from forum members. 
 1/32” will not make a difference.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
baverwolf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baverwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:05pm
You might check with ATFerral company. They make the clipper grain cleaners. I bought a couple new screens for my clipper a couple years ago. I thinking they might build to specifications also if I remember correctly.
brdmh44 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brdmh44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:44pm
Dennis, 

Is manufacturing the screens something you're still interested in?

DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by brdmh44 brdmh44 wrote:

Dennis, 

Is manufacturing the screens something you're still interested in?

No sir, that ship has long since sailed. 
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:42pm
Hi; The best way I have found to find finishing screens for All Crops is to do " wanted " ads in as many ag dealer advertising media as possible, especially print media as many of us older farmers are more likely to read those as the on line stuff. So far, in less than 8 months I have found 4 screens this way. they often come from people who no longer own an All Crop but used to and still have a few old bits like screens hanging around. Also the screen you mention above is called a " Large wheat " screen in Allis literature. This is the screen I used this past summer to harvest winter wheat. My local wheat guru suggested this over the 1/32" smaller screen due to the much larger yield seen today compared to when these combines were new. The suggestion worked out very well ( 85 bu/acre ) with a  nice clean sample and very little grain loss out the side of the separator.
Mchlthrn8 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mchlthrn8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 4:11am
I am in need of a 5/16 for buckwheat. If anyone has one or any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. The 66 I bought did not come with any at all.
combinechris View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combinechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:22pm
You don't really need the screen for it if you have the settings correct and you make adjustments as needed.
35 combines and 15 forage harvesters. mostly allis combines and equipment.WTB 2 row cornhead for a 90
Mchlthrn8 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mchlthrn8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 7:12am
If I can't find one I will have to try it. Thank you.
orange View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 7:11am
Do have a few will be bringing to Hutchinson , know there are a couple wheat in there. thanks  in the swap area.
Mchlthrn8 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mchlthrn8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 9:23am
Where is that at? I would be happy to pay shipping to 28586 NC zip code for a 5/16 for buckwheat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic