This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5040 Weight Bracket and Weights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5040 Weight Bracket and Weights
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:46pm
I was going to post in classifieds but does anyone have weights and a bracket for a 5040 or does anyone know of an alternative weight bracket and weights that would possibly work? I need to add a little weight to the front of the tractor for when I put my Bush hog behind it.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:39am
I bet few would notice if you used another brand bracket and weights...  Around here, Kubota weights are plentiful.  I would just put an ad on Craig's list, looking for weights and a bracket.  Going rate, around here is about $25-50 for the bkt, and a dollar a pound for the weights...  If you have to do any nods, do them to the bkt, not the tractor...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:24am
Weight bracket and weights off a Long 445 or similar tractor should work since the 445 and the 5040 are basically the same tractor.Other Fiat and Hesston weights would probably work.JD garden tractor weight bracket would go onto the front of the 5040 with a little
hole slotting and then you could use a lot of different hanging weights.

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:02pm
Thanks guys I will see what I can come up with
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic