This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walmart glasses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walmart glasses
    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:17pm
Got my 97 year old mom some, picked them up today. She hasn't been able to read anything with her old glasses for months. As we were traveling down the highway she was reading street signs, semis, political signs. She was well pleased, and the gal fitting them on her was kinda cute too.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
i've bought all my latest cheaters at wally world
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:33am
That's great.  Us old folks are easily amused.  I always feel that way when I get new glasses.  Especially the road signs, since I'm the one driving.  I'll have to see if our Walmart has glasses the next time I go.  Will they give you the PD so you can order more online?

Nice of you to take care of Mom!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 9:37am
Last 2 pairs were from there... GREAT..... my eyes didn't have to adjust to them, unlike EVERY pair (15-20 ??) from an 'eye doctor'....
Just wish i could STOP scratching the plastic lenses....

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:13am
Don't they have a special coating for that at extra charge, or is that a bullCensored money maker?   I'll be needed some soon also.

Edited by chaskaduo - 01 Jul 2020 at 11:14am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 8:06pm
Our local Walmart has had the same eye dr for over 25 years, excellent guy.  He fitted me with gas permeable contacts that also corrected my astigmatism.   Only eye doc that did that for me and worked well for years until the day he found my cataract and sent me to a surgeon, haven't needed glasses since.  Wife was having problems with vision and her eye doc was being a pain, sent her to my Walmart guy, got her fixed up, said her glasses were too strong.  Good to find somebody you can trust when you have to rely on their work.
Maximum use of available resources!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:14am
the eye doctors are independent of Walmart in most places but the frames and such are where walmart makes the % back 
 Here the Sams club eye doctor is where i had last glasses I bought and her husband is the eye doctor across the street at walmart . 
 When I needed to get glasses fast to pass my CDL eye test , she said she was not sure if she could get them quick enough for me but I could pass with a set or reading glasses of about 1 power - said to go over to dollar store and pick up a pair for $1 and would work fine - the glasses she ordered did come in in time , bifocals so can read up close if i wear them but got readers all over the house I use most of the time , or use the braille method  most of the time - it's just up close or real distance that are hard to adjust to 
 them road signs way out are hard to read sometimes 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Don't they have a special coating for that at extra charge, or is that a bullCensored money maker?
  I'll be needed some soon also.

yes they do, and it works, but, even that can fail eventually, but I can scratch glass lenses, too!. the other thing I always get is UV protection. Of course, both run the final price up
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:33pm
Thanks for the info Lou. Thumbs Up I heard some complain it don't work but maybe they didn't really get it applied, or maybe Shocked rough on their glasses.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 8:06am
They told me that it made them scratch "resistant" but would not guarantee that they would replace them if they got scratched. So i'm going with the money making up-sell theory.:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic