This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Face Mask ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:17am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Come on Tbone... a GOOD ARGUMENT dont depend on time.. can be a month, year or 10 years old... Still  pertains..... Heck, i know people i disagreed with 50 years and and STILL dont agree with them !!  Wink   Clap
Yeah,but there are new mask threads to argue on without responding to a spammer.
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 7:42am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Please Freedguy use some of the time you think up questions to ask here, to study the history of the Spanish Flu of 1918.

I only have to go 1/2 mile to the local country cemetery. Families lost 2 or 3 or 4 even more members in less than 30 days. THAT IS A PANDEMIC . This is a flu just a tick worse than a normal flu season. I am not saying you don't need to use care. But if you are depending on a piece of regular cloth in front of you face to save the world, the world is doomed.

Once it became apparent that children where not affected this whole thing became a joke to me. At this point more miss information than information floating around the net.  But just saw on World Meter I think it was, less than 450 persons under 21 have died in the USA that could in any way be called covid.   I cannot think of anything more treble thing than having to watch your children or grandchildren die.  But most on here are expendable and the world would go on just fine.   Other than no one try and to put some common sense into your thinking.

Now to put your brain to work, look and tell me how much worse Sweden is that did buy all the BS of lockdown and masks. As compared to Israel that was the one being praised as the most vaccinated of countries.    Or go hide under a rock with a 24 pack.  

What a B/S reply !!! Just today I heard of 4 people  IN the hospital that thought the same as you ConfusedOuchCry . 
What a Richard Head you are Big smileBig smile
You Trumpers JUST DON'T GET IT ConfusedSleepy !!

so us Trumpers don’t get the science? You realize that expecting a piece of T shirt material to stop something a fraction of the size of dust is akin to putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out right? Oh wait, no you didn’t...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:33am
You realize that expecting a piece of T shirt material to stop something a fraction of the size of dust is akin to putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out right? Oh wait, no you didn’t...

Killing Me Dead GIF - Killing Me Dead Lmao GIFs

Edited by steve(ill) - 25 Sep 2021 at 8:33am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:02pm

How Face Masks Work

When someone who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or talks, they send tiny droplets with the coronavirus into the air. That's where a mask can help.

A face mask covers your mouth and nose. It can block the release of virus-filled droplets into the air when you cough or sneeze. This helps slow the spread of COVID-19.

Can face masks protect me from the coronavirus?

Multi-layer cloth masks help reduce transmission of virus from an infected person, They block up to 50-70% of fine droplets and particles, and can slow those particles that were not captured. Cloth mask also reduce the wearers' exposure to infectious droplets by filtering fine droplets and particles. Masks with high thread counts work best.

While a cloth face mask won't totally block the coronavirus, it’s an added layer of protection for you and the people around you. you should use it along with regular handwashing and social distancing measures like staying 6 feet away from others.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-face-masks#1

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:19pm
All sounds great, looks good written out, Until that sick person drops the mask to wipe their runny nose, toss the tissue nearby and as tossed releases the virus droplets so anyone walks thru is on clothing, on shoes, handle ANYTHING and not wash hands immediately and scratch your nose or itchy eyebrow you just spread it on your face.

Then are those that NEVER EVER cover their nose, just mouth, or leave it hang off their chin and CONSTANTLY adjust pushing it around wiping their hand on it and their clothes, six foot rule only applies til doesn't like in Wally World or Kohls aisles, or trying to pay for a load of gasoline at that station the card readers are all down.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:22pm
A face mask covers your mouth and nose. It can block the release of virus-filled droplets into the air when you cough or sneeze. This helps slow the spread of COVID-19.

So what percentage of people are walking around COUGHING ?  I dont see one in 100..  Most are just walking around the store, shopping ..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:39pm
And if vaccinated may Not EVER cough, just runny nose, sneeze once in awhile, Low to NO fever but still infected and Still carrying.  That from MY Doctor while we reviewed my last MRI last week on Right Shoulder.  Have a Partially Torn Long Head Bicep Tendon and a Posterior(To the Rear Side) Labral Tear of the Labrum.  Hurts some if overdo things just backed off some.  Her take on the increasing infections IS the Misinformation that the Vaccine is a Immunization Shot, it was not and can never be, HER words.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm
If your argument was about germs then the coughing and sneezing argument would hold water but stopping a virus, not a snowballs chance in hell. Now if your mask had a hepa filter it would protect you but nobody else. Like I said, these blue masks were designed to keep the surgical team from spitting in and on the patients as they are talking during surgery. They wear goggles and shields to stop airborne pathogens.
The biggest problem I see is they’ve cried WOLF so many times and so loud about the so-called super spreader events that if a very deadly variant does arise, there is a large group of people that won’t believe it, and sadly, for good reason.
On a lighter note, I did watch a gal sneeze into her elbow with a mask on and immediately turned to me and said, “well, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve done today.” We had a good laugh.
Maximum use of available resources!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:47pm
That would have been Funny to see!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic