This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

653 steering issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 653 steering issues
    Posted: 28 May 2020 at 7:33am
Gents,

Was hoping you guys could help me out with the steering on my 653. Things seem to move freely so I think it’s an internal problem. But what do you guys think?

Thanks

Edited by Bsumudd - 28 May 2020 at 7:37am
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:35am
Always good to get a service manual and get everything adjusted as per the book. Clutches and brakes always wear,Winkso they need adjustment.Cry But of course they do wear out and need wear parts at times too. Hope that is not the case on yours. Sorry I have never been close any like yours.
albatros_3 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:09pm
What's the problem? If you posted a description above, I cannot see it on my tablet.
Bsumudd View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:32pm
When i am steering, there is either a lag, or more often, both sides go into neutral and it sits there for a minute before it starts moving again.     I’m unable to turn left with any regularity and sometimes it just stops altogether.    Was hoping there was something to adjust that would ensure smooth activation/deactivation of the steering but don’t know enough on how to do it.
albatros_3 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:40pm
So maybe the shuttle is slipping or going into neutral? Are all the fluids full? It looks like you have the optional hydraulic controlled clutches. So it would leave me to think that system needs attention first. I'm not experienced with the fluids but that's where I would start looking. My 653 has the standard hand controlled clutches.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic