This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side Panels and seat for a 6060

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side Panels and seat for a 6060
    Posted: 05 May 2020 at 9:45am
Thanks to everyone for your help a month ago when I posted about my 6060.  Today is the day it arrives in Greeneville, TN from PA.  I had to wait until the trucking company had another load to bring this direction before I could get it.

The owner of the trucking company is also the son of the farmer who owned the tractor that I am being gifted.  He happens to be the last guy to drive the tractor so he knows quite a bit about it.  One of the things he told me was that he thinks that if we can get it hand cranked it will run.  But, the most important things he told me was (besides no fuel to engine):

1. It has been about 5 years since it ran.  The farmer made it sound like it had been longer, but that may have been my assumption, because in my mind, who puts a perfectly good AC in a junk pile?  And you have to remember, I haven't put my hind end on that exact tractor in 27 years!

2.  It has no seat.

3. Tires are good!

4.  It has no side panels.  This is just a cosmetic issue, as I intend to put this machine to work.  However, it would be nice to make this tractor look spiffy again.  Does anyone know where I can get side panels for a 6060?  If not, would it be possible to have them fabricated?  They are normally fiberglass, however, maybe I can have them made out of sheet metal?  Also, best place to buy a seat for it?  I've got a project on my hands and I'm sure I will be reaching out for more insight, but I need to use this thing soon, so trying to get a jump on things.

Pics to follow once i take delivery.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 10:39am

Home | Countryside Tractor | Quarryville, PA | Tractor Sales ...

give these folks a call they show some 6000 series tractors that there parting.
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Captain_Bill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 10:52am
Wow, thanks!  It is an amazingly small world.  My tractor is being shipped from a farm in Quarryville, PA.  I worked on a farm there.  That's where I lived from '88 to '93 before I joined the Marines.  Calling them now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic