This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lumber wagon???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lumber wagon???
    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 10:32pm
saw a truck i've NEVER seen before! was a brand new GM 3500 series single cab 4x4 with a "short box"! whew! that's gotta be one nasty riding truck!
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:08am
Yea havent seen that truck yet. Kids should love them! 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:32am
I've seen Isuzu trucks with advertising signs on back 8' tall, 1' wide by 12' long and thought the same thing.
When looking for a box truck I saw one like you describe and wondered just what you needed that big a truck for such a small box for, evidently something small, heavy and needed to stay dry.
Maximum use of available resources!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 8:32am
yea,, and the tailgate down is prolly like 5 an 1/2  feet tall,, need a lift of some kind to get stuff in there,, sure ain't gonna toss it over the side either...

back a couple years ago I sold as wood burning cook stove to a fellow, he showed up in a brand new 2018 ford PLATINIUM F-350 diesel and the tailgate was almost shoulder high to me,,, well,,, I used the 8010 with FEL to get it in there...
oh yea,,, he had to jack with the price I had on the stove too....

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 25 Apr 2020 at 8:39am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 8:38am
only 3500 reg cab online has EIGHT FOOT box...might be a canadian version though...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
Seems like everyone just has to have Daddy's Pwretty Widdle Twuck nowdays to go impress everyone in the food handout lines. Watching the news all you see are long lines snaking around huge parking lots to pick up a box of free food.  You don't see any "Beaters" or "Hoopties" in those lines either. If those yahoos weren't spending so much for those gadget overloaded urban assault vehicles and  glorified 4 door grocery-getter P/Ups that don't have a bed big enough for much of anything, except maybe a tricycle, and we're not talking about a HD trycycle (hound dog motorcycle), they wouldn't need to be in line for a free box of food.  Who needs a back up camera on a truck that is for pulling a trailer? That's what mirrors are for, or can't anyone get their fat neck to turn to look in a mirror? And for power windows, when an accident or computer failure happens you can't get out, because your windows are up and doors have been automaticly locked. I wonder how reasonable priced a NEW P/up could be if it was just a basic TRUCK with no electric anything except for lights, wipers and a radio, like they used to be? 

Edited by PaulB - 26 Apr 2020 at 8:48pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:12pm
Their made to pull 5th wheel trailers.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Their made to pull 5th wheel trailers.

Was wondering of that, short wb is better for maneuvering HOWEVER are also pretty evil for jack knifing when challenged that and ride like a short wb does, BADLY.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:43pm
In 2010 a five year old crewcab, longbox, 2500HD, no power windows/locks and 86000 miles cost me twenty grand
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 9:19am
My 76 K3500 is a single cab dually with a standard bed. It rides fine turns very sharp with a gooseneck. 1 1/2' shorter wouldn't make any differance. Back in the 80s I built a lifted blazer on one ton chassis. It rode fine until you put a short 16' camper trailer on it then it was like a hobbie horse. Bought a longer trailer 23' camper and it was fine.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 7:19pm
Back up camera very handy for hooking to bumper pull trailer.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 7:25pm
my 1997 GMC 3500, 4 door, 4x4, long box, diesel rides just as smooth as my Caddy Eldorado. i love that truck! such a pleasure to drive and comfy! oh...and Paul...if an accident happens, your winders won't crank down either. gotta break them from inside or outside.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:51pm
When they were putting the new pipelines thru here I would see a convoy of those going to work.  They would have welder setups on the back.  They didn't have a box, just a flatbed.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 9:31pm
i also have 3/4 ton with a flatbed, they are about the handiest box styles there is! if i buy a new/newer pickup, that flatbed will go on it! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic