This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miss it again tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss it again tomorrow.
    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 3:03pm
Sure will!  The Bride and I, have for a bit, gone out Sunday mornings.  Went for breakfast at different restaurants, then went for some groceries/etc.   Something to do together, get out, and enjoy.    But with the cv-19 thing, it is not the same here!  Might go for a sammie, at a fast food thing, some needed stuff at the store, just not the same!!!!!!!         I am one that hopes this issue with the cv-19 can control, and end with good and positive results.  I, my wife, and son, are all still, working 40 hours a week,  good thing,  but worried every day going out to meet the needs!  P.S. My wife is working from home, about 4 days a week, that does help, has to go into town/office to things 1 day a week.

Sorry to vent, just have to look up, keep the head up high, look for the future, and be SAFE, and happy! Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 3:11pm
Yes, we have our church service on line now, sure miss the live service then we usually get groceries and have lunch out also. We will go Wednesday for groceries it's been 3 weeks since we went the last time. Last Wednesday was our 32nd anniversary so we went to a drive thru and got fish dinner and came home and ate them, sure wasn't as nice a going to a restaurant for a nice meal but it worked and we are safe.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

Yes, we have our church service on line now, sure miss the live service then we usually get groceries and have lunch out also. We will go Wednesday for groceries it's been 3 weeks since we went the last time. Last Wednesday was our 32nd anniversary so we went to a drive thru and got fish dinner and came home and ate them, sure wasn't as nice a going to a restaurant for a nice meal but it worked and we are safe.

32 years, good job there!  We are a few more, 36 coming up.  Ya just have to do what ya have to do at times!  But still love, and enjoy the time everyday!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 3:37pm
I went to the city to Lowe’s Thursday. I’ve never seen the parking lot that full. I was one of the very few with a mask on. I then had to go to lumber liquidators to pickup a counter top. They were all wearing masks and not letting customers run all over. I didn’t have to go in. They brought the countertop out to me. Those are the only stores I’ve been in in over a month. Doesn’t bother me much. I’ve been able to work full time as well and feeling blessed for it. Getting our house ready for siding at home today.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 3:38pm
I miss being able to take a Cycle ride into Nowhere in particular, stop at a small town bar, have a beverage or two and eat a bite then lounge in one of our state parks as watch others enjoying our fair land.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:20pm
There are some bars that are selling drinks out of a window.  I guess you are supposed to take them home to drink, but I guess if there were chairs around and it was nice out you could just relax there and have a few.

With this cancer thing going on I'm reluctant to go anywhere.  I order some stuff from Costco, and get some stuff at the parking lot of the grocery store.  We take the stuff out of the back of the car or box it came in and bleach wipe it down before we take it into the house.

I got a 30 roll pack of TP the other day from Costco, delivered to the door.  No fighting the crazy people.

I ws going thru the supplies they gave me when I got chemo and found a N95 mask.  Makes me fell a whole lot better wearing that out and about.

I forgot to mention.  The wife and son are both getting unemployment and the additional $600 a week from the Cares Act.  They won't let me cause I'm retired, but I'm still gonna get the $1200.

Edited by john(MI) - 18 Apr 2020 at 5:27pm
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:20pm
It'll be 33 years for Lisa & me on May 15. We have a friend who lost his wife about 10 days ago. Bob went to a local café for breakfast every day. Enjoyed the socializing. Thanks to COVID-19 all restaurants are closed for dine in. So Bob's been fixing his own breakfast. I had lunch with him 4 days last week. Drive through food. His nephew joined us 2 of the 4 days. Trying to keep him occupied. COVID-19 also prevented a proper funeral for his wife. They ran a trucking business for about 60 years. 20 or so semi trucks lined up along the highway outside the cemetery to salute Wilma. Bob & Wilma have an early 60's Chevy 409 that's been restored and they've taken it to truck shows all over. Another friend and Bob's nephew got it out and took it to the cemetery, facing the highway, with 2 American flags set up behind the cab. Enough breeze to make the flags fly. Bob really liked the show of trucks and seeing his own truck there to salute Wilma. Bob says he's having a proper funeral mass and meal for Wilma once conditions permit. But he sure misses his daily café breakfast!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
Citycops stopped my son on his 5 mike run this week. He was buy himself. They told him to go home. He pulled out his military ID showed it to them and told them to go home. Kinda interesting.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
Thats the stupid part Tom... Out running down the road, or around the park.. NOBODY within 100 ft of you  and they want you to LOCK DOWN... A movie theater  or ball game is different.. Out jogging, you have less contact with people than walking around Wal Mart.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 8:47pm
Dan, sorry to hear about your friend losing his wife, especially at this time when a fitting memorial service can not be held. Please convey my condolences to him.

The one thing I miss most is not having a real worship service at church and the fellowship with other members. I appreciate the online services but they just are not the same. I am spending a lot more time at the farm now and enjoying every minute of it. Guess I am just an unsociable old phart.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 8:56pm
You guys talking about missing being in church with the congregation... it is weird or even having that 'why am i doing this feeling for those of us who have to celebrate Mass with no one there except the one who is 'live streaming' and a person to read the scriptures.  Yet i do celebrate because it is still what we do and gives the congregation a chance to hear my "words of wisdom" and be a part of the Mass even though not present.
Dave... your last line says a lot.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:48pm
i've stayed home now for the past almost 2 months, my immune system is about nil. i did go to town one day, went thru the drive in at the bank. all them meats and freezable stuff i bought all winter long along with the canned goods we did last fall has been real handy, plenty of food for us to eat yet.  also sorry to hear about your friends wife Dan. i also miss my coffee times in town at 0400 AM every morning! the 2 places we always met at, the managers both called me and said they missed me and understood why i was staying home. i thought that was nice of them!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Dan, sorry to hear about your friend losing his wife, especially at this time when a fitting memorial service can not be held. Please convey my condolences to him.

The one thing I miss most is not having a real worship service at church and the fellowship with other members. I appreciate the online services but they just are not the same. I am spending a lot more time at the farm now and enjoying every minute of it. Guess I am just an unsociable old phart.

Yeah,,Hubert,,,these new times are very difficult to get used to,,,,My Uncle passed two weeks ago and the "New Rules" are max 10 people at funeral home, max 10 people at funeral mass and max 10 people at burial. My Uncle had 4 boys and one girl and they had 3-4 children each so a good many did not get to even attend any of the services. His two brothers and one sister also were not able to attend. How sad these times,,,,,,I felt so bad at not being to attend,,but also know the immediate family felt just as bad as he was very much loved,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 7:42am
If Covid 19 is on any form of packaging or shipping containers, wiping down with bleach is fine IF You leave it sit for three to five HOURS. It does not destroy the virus on contact, it only allows the protective sheath it carries to degenerate and to allow the virus to self destruct over time. Gloves masks any clothing even considered as contaminated has to be washed then UV Light disinfected then allowed to dry completely before re-handling.

This is not something that one swipe of a Lysol towelette will destroy. Regular soap and water does as well, and nothing actually 'Kills' a virus as is not truly alive, is a protein based form does not eat nor breath or any action of a life form, just destroys cells to replicate.
Trawler II View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trawler II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

If Covid 19 is on any form of packaging or shipping containers, wiping down with bleach is fine IF You leave it sit for three to five HOURS. It does not destroy the virus on contact, it only allows the protective sheath it carries to degenerate and to allow the virus to self destruct over time. Gloves masks any clothing even considered as contaminated has to be washed then UV Light disinfected then allowed to dry completely before re-handling.

This is not something that one swipe of a Lysol towelette will destroy. Regular soap and water does as well, and nothing actually 'Kills' a virus as is not truly alive, is a protein based form does not eat nor breath or any action of a life form, just destroys cells to replicate.

According to the Clorox Bleach website they recommend six minutes saturation time to destroy viruses.

This is stated in their directions for making your own disinfectant.

Once mixed their instructions state the mixture is good for 24 hours.

You then should make fresh mixture.

Two to three tablespoons bleach for 32 oz.
of water is what I have been using.

Edited by Trawler II - 19 Apr 2020 at 10:42am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 12:55am
Yes, these times are really trying on everyone.  I'm glad I'm retired now, almost 20 years already.  Whewww, time sure goes fast.  Two of my daughters are in hospital work, one is a nurse and one is a clinical psychologist.  They are both scared to death all the time, but know they have to do it.  I pray for them and every worker who has to deal with the sick and injured, including most of all the EMT's and Paramedics who also don't have a choice.
God bless them all and watch over them.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic