This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another from the mouths of babes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another from the mouths of babes
    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm
Well...Ted J asked and I guess that's the trick. My kids have been watching a lot of veterinarian shows lately and it showed today. We have taken in another dog and it's a girl named Freckles. We also have Baxter. We had Easter at my parents house and took the dogs and Cora introduced Freckles to everybody by saying "this is freckles. Her and Baxter are mating". Now I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what mating is, at least I hope not at 6, but it was quite funny to hear

Edited by thendrix - 11 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 7:27pm
Way back when our daughter was about 5. The wife and I had been married for awhile. We had 2 boys 1 and 2. I asked the wife what happened to the spontaneity we used to have.
Our daughter was playing and over heard this and asked "who is Spot and Eddie?"
Well sweetie, it's some good friends we used to know awhile back. Gone but not forgotten.

cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:07pm
My 3 year old GD has a large stuff sheep and some small ones.
She takes them and shows people how you pull a lamb from a ewe.
Then she shows them how to milk the ewe.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:51pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:52pm
Tyler, a 6 year old knows a lot more sometimes than you think they do. Thankfully being brought up on a farm Cora will have a much more realistic perspective on life than the city kids.  As you said "no better place than a farm to raise kids." You and your bride are doing a great job of raising those two sweethearts. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 10:14pm
back when we had a lot of chickens, we had one rooster that crowed all night and most of the day. had some guests here and the gal said that rooster sure crows a lot...and I said yeah...it crows every time it tags a hen! a bit later...she said that rooster is the horny'est one I've ever heard! lol yep Tyler...you might just have your hands full BIG TIME when them 2 sweeties gits in their teens! maybe you should get them some rabbits?
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 7:52am
She’s 28 now, but several years ago, our youngest had just figured out about numbers! Not to count yet, but numbers. I was under my crown Vic counting out the turns as I’m removing an outer tie rod end! She comes over and decides I need help-so she shouts out random numbers-not knowing she’s NOT helping! I couldn’t tell her either as I’d forget my count!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 9:32am
This is Freckles and Pokey, I'll let you guess. Their both female chihuahuas, and just Maties. Wink

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 5:10pm
I may have told this one before but here you go again.  When my renters 12 year old daughter was around 4, she was at a day care place part of the day so they could get more work done on the farm.  One day they were learning about veterinarians, and Georgia proceeded to show how her mom castrates pigs.  She had a stuffed elephant but from what I understand, she had the procedure down pretty accurately.  When mom went to pick her up, the teacher said "We need to talk".  The kids were fine with it but a couple of the mothers who were there were a bit upset...
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 6:53pm
Upset? Their kids got a better education that day than any other
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:20pm
John, she will know what to do to a cheating husband if the occasion arises.   Wink LOL 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
I shouldn’t tell this but here goes.
I was out at a farm one day talking to a man. He had a stud horse. An old white Chevy truck pulled in with a homemade 1 horse trailer and a mare in the trailer. He got out and talked to the rancher for a bit. They walked to the trailer and unloaded the mare. About that time a little boy jumped out of the truck and walked along with them.
They got over by the barn and the stud horse. The stud got to prancing around and the little boy told his dad get that mare out of here before he tries to ?$&! Her. That boy is all grown up now but still a cussin machine.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I shouldn’t tell this but here goes.
I was out at a farm one day talking to a man. He had a stud horse. An old white Chevy truck pulled in with a homemade 1 horse trailer and a mare in the trailer. He got out and talked to the rancher for a bit. They walked to the trailer and unloaded the mare. About that time a little boy jumped out of the truck and walked along with them.
They got over by the barn and the stud horse. The stud got to prancing around and the little boy told his dad get that mare out of here before he tries to ?$&! Her. That boy is all grown up now but still a cussin machine.

Whoa,,,,!!!!!  that right there is the best one I've heard in a long while,,,,THad,,,ClapClapClap
 Just you wait,,I'ma gonna post this one on every forum I frequent,,,maybe even on Bill O'Reilly's forum,too,,,,,,ClapClap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 1:58pm
THANKS Tyler!  I sure missed hearing what they can come up with.
Everybody else did good too!!
Remember Art Linkletter??  Kids say the Dardest Things.   A great book.  I think I still have it around here someplace.  Out of the mouths of babes.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:03pm
Leave it to Evie to not be out done. Baxter has been chasing Freckles around "sniffing" pretty much constantly. She just told my parents Baxter was "sniffing Freckles udders" and she thought he got some milk out of one of them

Edited by thendrix - 16 Apr 2020 at 8:04pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm
Tyler we’re building a house for a family with two young boys. This is a very well to do city family. The older boy is 8 and a video game but. He doesn’t have much to say. The younger boy is 4 and just the cutest.
He wants to be a construction worker or a dirt worker or a truck driver.😃 they’re organic health nuts but I accidentally slipped him a glazed Doughnut. Now he’s a Doughnut lover. He follows me everywhere. Yesterday he was trying to catch him a bird. He asked if I know how to catch a bird. I told him to put salt on their tail. A little later he told me he was gonna order a bunch of salt from Amazon.😁😁.
I dearly love these stories
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Tyler we’re building a house for a family with two young boys. This is a very well to do city family. The older boy is 8 and a video game but. He doesn’t have much to say. The younger boy is 4 and just the cutest.
He wants to be a construction worker or a dirt worker or a truck driver.😃 they’re organic health nuts but I accidentally slipped him a glazed Doughnut. Now he’s a Doughnut lover. He follows me everywhere. Yesterday he was trying to catch him a bird. He asked if I know how to catch a bird. I told him to put salt on their tail. A little later he told me he was gonna order a bunch of salt from Amazon.😁😁.
I dearly love these stories

Well,,Thad,,you gots you a fan fo life now,,,but what you gonna do when his 50# order of salt from Amazon arrives,,??LOLLOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:12am
Joe one day his mother asked what kind of boots I wear? I told her Arriat work hogs.
Now the little boy runs around in little Arriat work hogs with his jammies stuffed in the top of his boots.£
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:43am
Reminds me of the little Johnny jokes.
Little Johnny is bored after school lets out for the summer and takes to hanging around a nearby construction site every day.
Sure enough, one night at dinner Johnny says "pass me one of them GD biscuits" and the mother freaks out scolding him as she has taught her kids manners and allows no cussing, shocked that he also cussed at the dinner table.
She tells her husband she does not want him hanging around that construction site because of the bad influence but the husband insists it is good for him as he is just bored and he as the father is at his job in town all day and can't spend time withe boy.
Summer continues, Johnny becomes quite the little helper at the construction site and spends every day there but his constant swearing at dinner continues.
One night at dinner he let's loose another expletive and his mother has had enough and exclaims "that's it Johnny, go outside and bring me a switch off a tree as you are gonna get a woopin".
To which Johnny replies, "call the electrician, that's his F-ing job"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic