This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring diagram - winter mouse problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wiring diagram - winter mouse problem
    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
I've gotten lots of good information here in the past regarding my 180D. Thanks to everybody. Now I have a garden tractor/ lawn mower problem.  I didn't want to put "John Deere" in the title for fear the Orange police would justifiably send me to prison.  I'm going to risk it. The mower is an old SST 18. It's a work horse.  The problem is that this winter mice chewed through one wire too many and after mending all the wire breaks I can find the beast still won't start.  I've checked the obvious stuff.  What I'm looking for is a wiring diagram.  I can't believe that the only way to see a diagrm is to pay $40 for a technical service manual.  Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:38pm
this may help you ??

I click on the sst16 image( 3rd one) an dright side shows it better. do NOT click to go to their website, simple right click, save image..... you can actually clcik on the > and < arrows and see( and COPY) the pages of the manual. I have one schematic saved , PM me and I'll send it.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:40pm

Hays View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:15pm
Thanks!  I had looked at these images but couldn't avoid being sent to the website.   I think I have what I need now.  Stay well - Bill
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 5:27am
Hay Bill
always happy to help if I can. If you need more, let me know
shamless' machine made it k-k-k-kold here, so no 'fun in the sun'.....snif,snif

Jay

Krazy Karl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 10:55am
Does the engine turn over? If it does but just doesn't fire. Take flywheel cover off and check the the coil wire isn't bare and grounding out your coils preventing it from running.

Edited by Krazy Karl - 12 Apr 2020 at 10:57am
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Krazy Karl Krazy Karl wrote:

Does the engine turn over? If it does but just doesn't fire. Take flywheel cover off and check the the coil wire isn't bare and grounding out your coils preventing it from running.

that, plus, if it won even turn over, take the flywheel cover off and inspect for nests jamming, and or the starter
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Hays View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 5:14am
Thanks to all. The problem was a wire to the switch. Just in time to mow before the rain, cold and snow.
Bill
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:22am
happy it's 'up and running' !!
NOT so happy about the cold,rain and snow though !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic