This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers HD11 Series B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers HD11 Series B
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:43pm
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:52pm
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:57pm
All those series B tractors looked great; and from all accounts in NZ the 11-B performed great too. There owners only spoke good things of them.
Just a pity parts weren,t abit more obtainable. Still suppose its almost 50 years since the 11-B came out.
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:39pm
I've owned several 11-Bs over time, they have been great tractors for me. 
donskokie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donskokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:58pm
My 11-B
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:28pm
Nice picture Don- nice tractor and nice mountains!  I was hoping I could prime the pump a bit.  That tractor looks familiar- wouldn't have come from Lind WA?  Those cabs were definately a Washington/Northwest US thing, as was the relocation of the air filter housing.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:20am
Lotsa grouser left on those tracks!
donskokie View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donskokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:53am
Lazyts,

It most certainly did come out of Lind, WA. 

I was planning on looking at a HD11 up near Spokane, WA and posted here and on Facebook asking about them. Someone on Facebook messaged saying his dad had several in Lind that we could look at on the drive up if we were interested.

Ended up buying the 11-B in Lind as it was a good deal and was going to save me on shipping costs to Boise, ID. 

Bought a disc shortly after it arrived and have been putting a firebreak around our property. 

I like it, but it is my first tractor, so my opinion is skewed. 

Mick
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:33pm
thats a really good pic of her Don; and the countryside; mountains, and flat land that goes on forever !   Saw your tractor on facebook and did chat abit abit about 11-B with you.   Had some mates with 11-B but i never had any, just some HD6s and a late HD11ep id like to fix up one day. . ! Cheers from new zealand
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 8:31pm
I just picked up this beauty!
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:04am
Wow nice looking tractor , are you going to put a blade on it ?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:09am
Very nice looking 11-B; assume shes a gear drive model set up for Ag work. Great find Clap
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:53am
One of the local farmers traded in a LaNova 11 for a B, really nice tractor. I had to do some repair on bottom rollers and front idler, from bearings problems. It was not a hardnose blade but a farmer blade, wasn't as good but still moved a lot of dirt and could go back to farming quite easily.

Edited by Tad Wicks - 14 Nov 2020 at 11:55am
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:10pm
Yeah i might swap over the blade and hydraulics from my powershift after I wear it out- we'll see.  (Maybe i'll have to find another donor?)  It's an Ag crawler, spent most of its life crawling up and down the hills of NE Oregon.  A crawler collector friend of mine had it, he's downsizing, so now it's mine... Well taken care of, have the full maintenance records from new- was bought in 1977 but is a 1975 model machine.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:07pm
Tractors from the farms in the Pacific Northwest are the best. Their owners have the wherewithall to care for the undercarriages and the engines. I have two Idaho tractors and they are top notch.  Maybe I need an 11B. 
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:16pm
Here she is converted to a dozer..
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:22pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:22am
Looking good, reconfiguring to 6.91 rails or manage to have good enough 7.0?
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 10:01am
That turned out well. I like the yellow of the industrial equipment but I like seeing an orange dozer too.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 10:59am
Good looking machine there. What is the contraption chained to the engine hoist in the last photo?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by JTOOL JTOOL wrote:

Good looking machine there. What is the contraption chained to the engine hoist in the last photo?

My guess would be the hyd tank, due to the valve, on the side of it...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:11pm
Looks great, well done, and cheers for sharing Smile
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:25am
Yes, that is the hydraulic tank in the last photo.  The rails were pretty decent- you can see how far they were stretched in the first photo.  I was able to get the pins and bushings turned, so pitch is almost back to new spec.  Will have lots of life now.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 2:36pm
Trevor....So how did you do the hydraulic pump?  The powershift of course coming off the torque converter. I know there is a steering pump drive on the oil clutch housing...but I haven't paid that much attention to it on the direct drives.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 7:26pm
THe clutch housing is set up for the hydraulic pump, on the left hand side.  Basically, the pump is flipped over upside down in comparison to the powershift, and hoses just need to be lengthened to reach the tank and valve block.  The whole process was actually easier than I thought- everything already drilled and tapped, with cork plugs in the holes- some of the threads hardly even needed to be cleaned.  I've learned to appreciate the western tractors- no rust!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm
Trevor....I love it!....you made me go look before I replied....we have one mostly dismantled for parts...yep...looks like a slam dunk!.  We've always felt that AC was right at the top of there game when they had to give into Fiat. We have 4 powershifts...that need work...engines mostly...so we're not quite ready to sacrifice one for a conversion yet. We have wrecked out 3 of the direct drive farm tractors (donor tractors) for parts in the last 40 years. We have one left that would make a super conversion....probably comparable to what you started with.  If we could just find one more 11B powershift that was toast for a parts tractor...we could do it...might do it any way.  We've used the swing frames of of the donor farm tractors for our logging tractors. Yes ...the cork is in bracket holes for the blade trunnions...and with the right size screwdriver you can drive it in there and screw out the cork...and not even have to clean it.   Nice job looks great!! 
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 8:24pm
@DiyDave; Yeah, I saw the valve but the tank looks yellow on my computer. Mystery solved!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic