This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-Orange Grain Drill ID ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-Orange Grain Drill ID ?
    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:30am
Can anyone help my ID this grain drill?  My Father-in-law is giving it to me and he said a couple blades are broken off -- looking to figure out the model and such so i can get a manual and order parts .  Its a 10' drill. 

Also planning to use with my WD - but i see TWO hyd. Lines 

WD , CA
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:23pm
If no response here, take the picture to smoke stack or red power forums...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Krazy Karl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:27pm
As far as cylinder goes remove the line from the rod end and put in a vent plug
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:25pm
I think you have an early No. 10 with hydraulic lift. They also came with clutch lift. 

Edited by steelwheelAcjim - 28 Mar 2020 at 6:26pm
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
AC Steve View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:31pm
Probably a Model M , is there a seed rate chart inside the box lid ?
AC Steve View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:33pm
Don’t think it’s a 10
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by AC Steve AC Steve wrote:

Don’t think it’s a 10

In all my years of jockying machinery, i never seen an "M" with hydraulic. Unless it was "rigged up".

Early 10's were an improved "M". The had a big "10" decal on the end of a red painted box. Later, they redesigned them with a bigger seed hopper and painted them cream and added 20 in wheels.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:21pm
Not an expert. A man I worked for growing up had a McCormick model 10 with both hoses on cylinder. One day a neighbor asked why he had both hoses hooked up. His reply, “ I don’t always get my clover seeded when ground is perfect. So I figure it will give me a little better penetr with disc openers. I’m not sure but I had the hose and it’s not eating anything. “. Sounde good to me as teenager but idk how much it helped.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:35pm
sorry, I'm no help with the model...
most drills that I have been around that type need a 2-way cylinder, ratchet jack, manual levers or something to put down pressure on the openers, otherwise they (seed openers) will just ride on top of the ground. the tension is set by the springs on the rods that connect to the disc openers..so with that said,,, a 1- way cylinder will not work...

BTW,,,nice lookin drill

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 28 Mar 2020 at 9:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic