This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow at Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow at Work
    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:44am
So...last fall I ran a sharp rock or something in the rear tire of my WD mowing with the brush cutter. Pretty good size hole. Only had about 30 minutes of mowing left so I pumped about 1/2 gallon of slime in it. Worked for about 5 minutes and then sprayed green chit on me every time it came around. Would leak down to 5 psi and stop.
I gave up. Put the new tires on it about 20 years ago. Had to get new tubes so I let it go for the winter.

Took it to work Wednesday cause I knew I was going to need some help with it.
Some young guys there don't break as easy so I thought. Had 3 helpers. Bead was stuck.
Two of them were going to show me how well they can swing a sledge. 1 hit himself in the shin second swing. Said he didn't know whether to puke or chit himself. 2nd one said the vibration of the sledge was hurting his hands. Both early mid 20's. 3rd kid hung right in there. Got the tire patched, wasn't damaged that bad. Got it together and all is well. He thanked me for letting him help and thought it was fun.
Myself was a hurting unit yesterday.
Can't take the abuse like I used to.

Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 11:03am

Well,,Chit,,Fixer,,,one in three ain't bad odds,,,,altho,,,,,,the world is gonna have to get lots better cause in real life,,them odds will sink any boat,,,,,Wink Next time,,,,,make em do it again and again ,,,,,,they'll learn,,,,Clap
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:41pm
Wow you have 3 in their 20's working!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:35pm
I still have the other side to do Joe.
There is still an untested kid there that was off that day.
I think I will try him out next week if it's still dead there.

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:38pm
There was a whole lot of education going on there, bet a couple of them do a little reflecting before grabbing up a sledge and start swinging in the future.
Maximum use of available resources!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:46pm

Yes sir,,JW,,,hopefully they will want to get an education at any cost in order to not ever have to swing them big azzed tools no more,,,,,Clap
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:56am
Yep Joe, I made a life changing decision Christmas Eve, after I graduated high school, snowing, 25 degrees, standing at the bottom of a 4ft hole with the last foot was under water fixing a broken pipe. Couple with 5 kids, I was glad we could get it done, but that was the last time.
Maximum use of available resources!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:11am
Screw it. I'm staying home. All of Kansas is shut down now. Half of the confirmed cases are in the county I work in.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:42am
As getting tires repaired here is harder I bought a manual tire change. As for breaking beads down I found my hydraulic log splitter works best. Two blocks of wood against the wedge and being careful pushing breaks the bead. Changed two tires out on my hay trailer the other day.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:47am
14.9-28 Nether one would work. Tried the edge of an mini excavator bucket first and still wouldn't break it down. That's when I took it to work.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:09pm
Some of them rear tires, that had calcium, innum, are rusted to the rim., if the rim looks good, here's what I use.  Well not zactly, but close enough for argument's sake...Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic