This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plow identification help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cragview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plow identification help
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 4:31pm
Hoping to restore this plow to functionality. Would like some help with model number.
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:31pm
Looks like a 72 to me, 70 series 2 bottom.  Post the distance between the bottoms.  If its 14", its a 72-14...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:10pm
That is a model 62 plow. A 72 will have cross bars that can expand or contract to 14" or 16". The 60 series plows DO NOT have that feature.  As the downward beams are angled and the width of cut is fixed, it can only be a 60 series.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:48pm
Hey Paul, I knew you'd step in, If I messed that up, as usual.  Seems to be the one IF, I'm sure to goof up!Wink
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:37am
Sorry Dave, but I've got to agree with Paul.  With no cross-bars for adjustment for width, it's a 62 versus a 72.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:42am
Hey Glenn welcome to the forum. I'm not to far from you. What kinda parts are you looking for.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

Sorry Dave, but I've got to agree with Paul.  With no cross-bars for adjustment for width, it's a 62 versus a 72.

I agree with Paul, Brian, It was just a bit of self deprecating humor...Wink
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:49am
#62 for sure
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Cragview View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cragview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:09am
I am looking for the part that hangs on the snap coupler . Not sure what it is called. It has the pin going through it . I also thought it might try to locate a couple of coulters. Thanks for responding to my post . This forum is very helpful. I have a D10 and will be having a lot of questions I'm sure.
Where are you located?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:50am
Welcome to the forum. These guys are great they're smart and always willing to help. Visit often, the more minds they more help.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Cragview Cragview wrote:

I am looking for the part that hangs on the snap coupler . Not sure what it is called. It has the pin going through it . I also thought it might try to locate a couple of coulters. Thanks for responding to my post . This forum is very helpful. I have a D10 and will be having a lot of questions I'm sure.
Where are you located?
I'm sure that I have the coulters for that plow. Don't think I have the top of the lift link that snaps into the lift latch.  I plan on coming to the GOTO in New York this June, if it doesn't get cancelled. I'm in Maryland, just below Gettysburg, Pa. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Cragview View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cragview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 5:50pm
If you are coming to NY let me know . Be glad to buy coulters from you if you can bring them along. Not sure what GOTO is but hopefully it will still be on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic