This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Never thought I'd Live..............

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never thought I'd Live..............
    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:39pm
to see the day when the taverns/bars in WI would be closed.
ALL bars are closed, along with restaurants and schools (around here) are closed now until fall.
All the school sports that the kids look so forward to are called off.  The girls basketball team is crushed.  They made it to state and now don't get to play.  I feel SOOooo bad for them.
You can call SOME places and get carry-out food or grocery stores and have an order made up and then drive up and pick the stuff up.
Crazy,,,,weird.  It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:43pm
I'm afraid so, Ted.  This is really impacting my life.  I wasn't built to be a hermit!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:21am
I am built to be a hermit but the parts I ordered a while back would make being a hermit a little funner.
Oh well I’m sure we’ll survive. I have plenty I can do.👍
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:30am
I'm only a part time hermit, plan to go full time when I retire.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
That trip I made last Saturday may have been the most timely ever.

Going to the grocery store later today to pick up some local favorites, (Busch light and Budweiser) don't want to run out of supplies!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
When I heard the bars were closed in WI, I figured WI will go bankrupt!Big smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
So in PA they decided to close the liquor stores. Prior to that you never seen anyone at a liquor store when they closed them the lines were 100 folks long. My guess is contributed to the spread of Covid 19. Also seen the governor comment that it is now up to the state police to enforce business to close. Humm Sounds like a police state to me.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:13pm
The devil must be freezing his ass off that the bars in Wisconsin are closed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic