This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got that "Look today"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got that "Look today"
    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
It was highly suggested, while it is pouring down rain here this week, I could repaint the kitchen. If I'm painting, I outta get to pick out the color. I gave her a choice-- PO #1 or 2 for the walls, put a silver stripe around the edge of the ceiling, then paint the rest of the ceiling white. Might put a silver ring around the light fixtures/ ceiling fans. Dad gum, that Idea was quickly over ruled. So I gave her another choice, paint the ceiling Orange and walls white. With the silver stripe around the top of the walls. Boy old gal doesn't see any humor in those 2 ideas. Probably get drug to Menards after my back treatment tomorrow for some colorless paint.   

Edited by HD6GTOM - 18 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm
Sponsored Links

GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:25pm
I have a house that has JD colors in the kitchen. Yellow walls, green cabinets, yellow counter tops and a wallpaper border of green tractors around the top of the walls. Finished siding a garage there yesterday and am starting to rehab the inside ASAP
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:56pm
anyone close to Gary's house that has a match? (poke,poke) Tom...tell yer woman that the paint won't cure right if there is a lot of humidity in the air!
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:45am
Dale beat me to it. Paint won't dry very good if its humid.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:28am
And it turns orange. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:23am
way back when living at folks house yet , they went on vacation so I decided to fix up the bathroom , put new tile on the floor, fixed wall by bathtub and put in new fixture , then painted the room also .
 Well the toilet seat looked old so I painted it also to match the walls - paint didn't dry for 3 days so was forced to go down to gas station or wait until I got to work . One sure doesn't realize how important some places you set is until you can't 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:43am
Buy her 4 hours at the spa. When she gets home feeling all sexy and rested, give her the surprise of her life. A kitchen in Corp Orange, Corp Silver, and gloss black.   
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:48am
Coke that's definitely S.O.L. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:57pm
I HATE painting!!
And that's all I have to say on that.......Pfffftt

Edited by Ted J - 19 Mar 2020 at 9:58pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:44pm
I actually don't mind painting. It's finishing sheet rock that always ticks me off. As far as paint drying, I got's enough dry wood to last a week, can fire up wood stove. I got a suprize today, she had to get the taxes done today so I didn't get drug to Menards today. Tax people insisted she just drop off the info and will call her if they need more info. It was nice enough to work in the trailer In my shirt sleeves. Stained some wood work to be put in at a later date and run some 30 amp wiring. Got's to head into the local hardware store and pick up a couple of 30 amp plug ins. There will never be enough stuff plugged into these to draw 30 amps, just me being over cautious.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic