This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 xt front axel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 xt front axel
    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 6:30pm
Hi everyone. I removed the front cast support off my 190 xt series 3 to get the balancer rebuilt because it is really wobbling. While I had to go that far, I figured I’d put in a new oil pan gasket, suction line hoses for the pump, and a few o rings to stop up some small oil leaks. Also, I decided to do bushings in the front axel. Is there supposed to be a front and rear snap ring for retaining the front pivot pin? Also how long is the pivot pin itself? When I took it apart, the pin went from the rear pin support, through the greasable part welded to the axel, and stuck past there about 1/4 inch. It looks like it should extend into the front support casting some, but I’m not quite sure. Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Sponsored Links

190xt MN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:07pm
Hi well I answered my own question. Thanks if anyone was looking up any info!
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 6:05am
What is the answer? Was the pin broken off just past the zerk? Thanks. Dana
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 6:23pm
Just out of curiosity, when you said "wobbling", was that up/down or in/out? I've noticed the fan belt doing some bouncing regardless of how tight I make the belt :-(
190xt MN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190xt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 4:37pm
The wobbling is I guess you could say in and out. The front main seal wasn’t leaking like crazy so after asking some questions on this site i came to the conclusion that the rubber in the balancer had gone bad. I’ve seen some balancers with a little wiggle in them, but this was enough to concern me. You are right, it didn’t make a difference how tight the belt was, it still jumped. Right after I got this tractor last spring, I replaced the alternator and water pump, both because of bad bearings. Symptom of the bad balancer. Wish I’d have noticed it earlier. Didn’t want to let it go so far as to break the crank!! As far as the pivot pin goes, now that everything is apart, I rechecked the fit and everything was fine. I’m excited to get some parts and get it back together in time for field work!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic