This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGCO selling stuff on Purple Wave auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGCO selling stuff on Purple Wave auction
    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:16am
AGCO has engine stands, hoists and various things for sale on Purple Wave ,, just putting it out there
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:47am
I remember when I was a kid Allis Chalmers selling lots of stuff on random consignment auctions even in my area...... then boom Allis Chalmers was gone. hmmmmm
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm
I think someones just selling things for Agco instead of letting it pile up and be gave away , which is great common sence

Edited by DougG - 11 Mar 2020 at 7:05pm
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
AGCO is probably not in danger of failing, but I'm not a financial analyst and since I don't own AGCO stock I don't study their profit and loss statements.  My father was an AC fan and my brother, who now tills the same dirt, is an AGCO fan.  It seems to me that we tend to be offended because AGCO didn't resurrect the Allis brand or even the color.  It seems to me that we should study more on those in management who failed to properly steer a conglomerate the size of Allis than those who did an employee buyout and created a global company that still manufactures tractors in this country.  I am open to correction on all of this since I'm not an "expert".  And even though I don't farm, I spend a lot of time working on my D17.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:03pm
I don't think Agco is failing at all, and will correct my previous statement, I think someone is using their common sense and selling stuff just not used any more,

Edited by DougG - 11 Mar 2020 at 7:05pm
MikeKroupa View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKroupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 8:22pm
It appears they are doing a little house cleaning and selling excess non used items. I had to chuckle when I looked closely at the one engine stand. Clearly says WFE, Omaha, Ne. They had a parts depot there and a training center were I went yearly for service school in the early eighties, so that item been around awhile. , Mike
210Postin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210Postin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:22pm
Doug what is under cant find thank you
MikeKroupa View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeKroupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:43pm
Type AGCO in the search box. HTH,Mike
wide View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:06pm
If someone clicks on the address bar and it turns color,..
 they can usually hit Ctrl and C at  the same time to cut the address.
 Then go to your post and hit Ctrl and the letter V to paste it into the text.

Cut and paste
Rhoadesy_65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 5:39am
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 6:28am
All that stuff is in Hesston,Kansas. House cleaning. Bringing pretty good prices too.
Learning AC...slowly
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 7:57am
My buddy has an engine stand identical to that one but it's grey and says some other company name on it.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:03am
the linear actuators area STEAL ! One up here costs most then 30, sigh......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:04am
Originally posted by jeickman01 jeickman01 wrote:

AGCO is probably not in danger of failing, but I'm not a financial analyst and since I don't own AGCO stock I don't study their profit and loss statements.  My father was an AC fan and my brother, who now tills the same dirt, is an AGCO fan.  It seems to me that we tend to be offended because AGCO didn't resurrect the Allis brand or even the color.  It seems to me that we should study more on those in management who failed to properly steer a conglomerate the size of Allis than those who did an employee buyout and created a global company that still manufactures tractors in this country.  I am open to correction on all of this since I'm not an "expert".  And even though I don't farm, I spend a lot of time working on my D17.
I'm just saying it reminded me of just before Allis went bust. And yes when AGCO first fired up they did lots of things right and there was excitement about AGCO then but as I look around my area today, which did have some AGCO Allis orange tractors, I now see more CaseIH and Deere replacing them and zero Massey. Zero. What does that tell you? I know what it tells me.

The dairy my daughter worked at for a year, 2-1/2 miles from my house, had all orange tractors, from 7000 series, 8000 series, 9600 series, a 9815 some DT series and now the AGCO tractors are mostly gone replaced with Deere and CaseIH. There are still some older 7000 and 8000 series tractors. I don't think there is even one AGCO Allis left and there are no Massey tractors at all and never have been.

Edited by Lonn - 12 Mar 2020 at 8:05am
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:20am
There are Massey tractors selling around here. They are getting a little more popular in the area. Still lots of Green, Blue, and other red tractors around because we have atleast one dealer in the area for each color
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:39am
All I've seen for Massey here are little hobby tractors made for the citiots living in the country. No offense to all the citiots. Wink
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:46am
Hey dont knock those little subcompacts. We have one and its a perfect wheelbarrow/toolbox/shovel/mower/getaround vehicle lol
jeickman01 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeickman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:04am
I didn't mean for my comments to be in direct response to yours.  I was just airing my thoughts after having read others' comments about AGCO over the years.  It would be interesting to know if there is an Unofficial IH forum where they discuss the days when IH was at the top of its game before it became "/IH". 
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:54am

I didn't mean for my comments to be in direct response to yours.  I was just airing my thoughts after having read others' comments about AGCO over the years.  It would be interesting to know if there is an Unofficial IH forum where they discuss the days when IH was at the top of its game before it became "/IH". 
They do talk it on forums like redpower but the facts are that they stayed red, kept the IH tractor "Magnum, kept the IH tillage line, the combine line, the planter line etc etc and have promoted Case and IH consumer products like toys and hats and flashlights and almost anything along with the CaseIH products.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:44pm

Just a bit of info. I go on agcopartsbooks.com almost daily, sometimes I accidentally hit google search "agco" instead of the parts books website. Whenever that happened in the last 5 months, I always notice that google has the stock price of AGCO and the % of gain/loss on the right of the search results. NEVER in the past 5 months have I ever seen a positive gain %. It always seems to be a loss of ~1% stock value, whenever i make that mistake on google, since I started in Nov. I looked again just now and the stock is down 10% just today!
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:10pm
I Believe that's just a little better than the stock market right now Hmmmm? LOL    Leon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic