This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transport Valve Hose Connection Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transport Valve Hose Connection Question
    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 8:26pm
So I had a leak coming from between the transport valve and tractor body. I thought that would be a quick fix - remove the two lines connected to the side of the valve, two bolts on top and replace the gasket. Well what I didn’t realize ahead of time was that there is ANOTHER hose attached to the bottom of the transport valve. If I remove this hose I’m afraid it’ll fall into the body of the tractor. But it looks all cracked up and may be faulty. So I should probably replace it. My questions are:

What is this hose for?

Where does it connect to/from?

How do I access it?

The picture shows where the hose connects to the valve. I can’t find the hose in the parts book or manual.

Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm
The hose goes to the hydraulic cylinder that raises the lift arms. Lift arm housing has to be removed to access the hose.      MACk
saubz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 8:50am
Got it

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:05am
Always replace the packing/seals in the end of the ram while you're in there.
saubz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 10:06am
Thanks for the advice.  Just picked the seal kit up - along with a new hose, housing gasket, hydraulic cylinder pin o-ring, and transport valve gasket.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 10:10am
You should be good for another 50+ years.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 10:56am
Yup. Fix it right the first time. Uncle bought a new ser 3 early 60s. Had it 10 years or so....had to replace that hose twice. Don't remember if it was positioned wrong somehow or what. Just remember him and dad working on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic