This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

propane 20lb tank overfilled ready to blow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 8:40am
Just had 3 filled yesterday (used for finishing maple syrup). Price per pound was $0.70. Up some from last summer.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
Sponsored Links

old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 2:35pm
When I was hauling LP we filled 20 tank by placing the tank on a set scales at the fill station as a double check for proper weight
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 3:15pm
That's the way my neighbors do it at their LP delivery site.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 5:00pm
"I talked to employee at Lowe's and they said just bring in old tank, and for a refilled one. "
 Well that ends the ability to use your torch on a 20# cylinder....
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 5:22pm
I have 2 old tanks in the garage I use on my torch. Last time I brought them in to get filled, I told the guy I use em on my torch. He winked at me and  said "Sure". I guess he didn't believe me, but he did fill it. He has since sold the business to FS Gold Star, as they have taken over almost every little outfit around. I doubt I could have them filled now days.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 12:28pm
we just fill out of our bigger tank and let theem fill till we get liquid out of the ten percent valve it has worked just fine for forty years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic