This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parris001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlights
    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 8:48am
When I got Papaw’s old B it had never had lights on it. But my uncle that gifted the tractor to me had some lights on an old parts tractor and he said he wanted me to take. 

I’ve fixed up the old lights. And I will post pics once they’re on and operating. But my question is........... what hole do the lights mount in? I’ve looked at some pictures but I’m not 100% sure. 
Sponsored Links

HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:07am
Where these are.  Keep in mind that there ia a "U" shaped cut-out on the hood of tractors with lights and a tractor that never had lights probably won't have those or the hole in the grill shell.

tractor

Edited by HoughMade - 28 Feb 2020 at 9:09am
1951 B
Parris001 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parris001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 9:15am
So is it “U” shaped because the light mounts in the radiator shell and the cut out is on the hood so the hood can be removed without taking off the lights?
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:06am
Yes.
1951 B
Parris001 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parris001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:57am
Thanks!
Parris001 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parris001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 9:08am
I got my headlights installed and added a  step I found at the Nashville flea market. Good weekend to hang out in the driveway with the Old B.

For some reason............. can't get the pics to upload this morning.

Edited by Parris001 - 01 Mar 2020 at 9:10am
Parris001 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parris001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 9:15am

lockheedt33 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockheedt33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 12:12pm
Not to hijack the thread as I like original tractors but I came up with another headlight option for my snow plowing B. KC daylighter off-road lights screw right into the original mount holes with no modification. I got a set of the polished SS ones and they look great. Throw huge light for plowing at night and don’t look out of place if you don’t have the correct police looking over the tractor. I wouldn’t put them on a restoration but for a working tractor they’re great.
1941 AC B
1948 AC C
1951 AC CA
1954 AC WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic