This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't change that dial !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't change that dial !!
    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm
Watching some stupid TV show and right before commercial there was a hinted surprise!!!!  I told the wife DON'T CHANGE THAT DIAL!!! jokingly and then it hit me ...there ain't been a dial to change in 30? years???
 Youngsters will have no reference  or understanding......

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 23 Feb 2020 at 8:14pm
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:34pm
Ted Mack amature hour..."round and round she goes and  where she stops nobody knows"
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Watching some stupid TV show and right before commercial there was a hinted surprise!!!!  I told the wife DON'T CHANGE THAT DIAL!!! jokingly and then it hit me ...there ain't been a dial to change in 30? years???
 Youngsters will have no reference  or understanding......

and 60 years ago mom and dad had remote control for their TV.....my brother or me! and, of course, we also had the hi tech job of 'tuning' the rabbit ears
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:25pm
Our first "remote" had a wire connecting to the tv, Back in the late 60's I'm thinking.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:51am
When I was in high school a kid (who’s parents ran the local appliance/ tv store) came to school telling us that they had a stereo with a remote control. After school that day half the school was in the store watching that stereo work. It still had dials and they would turn if you used the remote.
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 7:51am
receiver I have the volume dial still turns with remote
sets beside the turn table
still have tin foil on my rabbit ears
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:16am
Poor rabbit. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:03am
NOW THATS FUNNY !!  pooor rabbit !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:22pm
For what it is worth, I still have a tv in the kitchen for the morning joe, that works off of a home made, bow tie, antenna.  I get all the locals, that I need!  The others are cable, and cost $$, for the bride! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic