This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Gosha'mighty,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Gosha'mighty,,,,,,
    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 6:58am

I been shuffling around (like an old man) for the last two hours tryin to walk out these DANG friggin MoFos,cramps in BOTH calfs,,,,!!!  ONE of these cramps is bad enough,,never mind one in BOTH legs at the same time!!!,,,jimminy Christmas and jumpin jehoseephat,,,,,and all them other expletives,,,dang but do they hurt some fierce,,!!!!!!
The thing is,,I can feel em comin on while I'm still asleep and this time took longer to finally roll out of bed to get started walkin em out. THEN I knocked the phone off the table tryin to get it to call 911,,it was that bad,,it is some better after all the walkin but still sore as haides,,
  I finally got an appointment with my PCP for next Tuesday, to see if he will give me a steroid shot for my left shoulder and was as soon as I could get in to see him. Also susspossed to get labs to check my potassium level as he thinks both issues are related,,,,
  I been cheatin some and taking some of the wife's 600 Mg Gabapentin and they work good but they kinda put me a little too close to La La land for my likin,,,,Wink
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 9:10am
Joe, I feel for you. Those cramps hurt bad enough in just one extremity but in both calves at the same time must be super tough. You get out there in La La land you might be nest door to Shameless. LOL  Be careful with the potassium, too low and you can get muscle cramps, too high and you can get cardiac arrest. I use packets of Pedialyte, especially in the summer, to help keep the cramps away. You can find it in the baby department of most larger drug and grocery stores. Dump one packet in a 16 oz. bottle of water and mix well. I like it better than Gatorade because it doesn't have the carbs like the sports drinks.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 9:44am
Right there with you Joe.
I take an over the counter potassium pill once a day and it helps some.
I'm prone for dehydration anyway which don't help.
Get cramps propped up in the recliner watching TV in the arches of my feet.
Good thing I can pause it with Directtv or I would miss the whole show when it happens.
CBD really did wonders with creaky joints/muscles especially in the morning.
I stopped for a month and felt the difference. Not cheap by my standards.
Went full strength this last one. Will see if I get the munchies or not.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 3:06pm
Try using liniment on your calfs and see if that don't help
Jim NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 6:21pm
Get some Theraworx . It really helped me
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Joe, I feel for you. Those cramps hurt bad enough in just one extremity but in both calves at the same time must be super tough. You get out there in La La land you might be nest door to Shameless. LOL  Be careful with the potassium, too low and you can get muscle cramps, too high and you can get cardiac arrest. I use packets of Pedialyte, especially in the summer, to help keep the cramps away. You can find it in the baby department of most larger drug and grocery stores. Dump one packet in a 16 oz. bottle of water and mix well. I like it better than Gatorade because it doesn't have the carbs like the sports drinks.

Joe, is do like Hubert says. They also make pedialite popsicles. They taste better than regular popsicles. I don’t know where to get them but Jenny has got them for me when my legs was cramping. She didn’t tell me it was baby food til I already tried one.🤣
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:28pm
Take Hyland leg cramps. Take two pills as needed day time ones with water night can be taken without. I think the package claims they last 4 hours. When I take them the cramp goes away quickly and if I walk and rehydrate they don't come back. I've had the bottle of 50 pills for about a year now. Walmart has them and should be avaliable at most drug stores. They work great for me. My mom uses them. If cramps persist you need to see your doctor.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:43pm
I had them really bad for a while during the fall and then they just went away.  I have no clue why or how?  The only thing I did different was cutting down on beer.  Who knows?
I wish the best for you with yours.  I know it's really hard getting out of a chair or bed quickly when we get older.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic