This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Back
    Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:40am
S9rry for the hiatus from the forum yesterday. I had to go to Eye Clinic to have cataract surgery on my left eye. Couldn't see at all after getting home around 9;30 yesterday morning. Can at least see this morning, can even read my watch without my glasses. Still very light sensitive this morning so will go back to the shades until I see the surgeon later this morning. See you all later.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:41am
Glad you’re ok Bob, it takes a couple of days to get cleared up, wife had both of hers done last year, makes a big difference!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 7:59am
That's the problem with cataracts; and the reason I only drive rinkins.
Sorry. Old joke. I'm glad you had it done, it's a life-changer, more so the longer you have them. My mother's eyes developed them rather young in life, she was 78 when she finally relented and had the surgery in both eyes (not at the same time). Oh, the smile I still get remembering the joy she had in being able to see colors - even though bluebirds are the state bird of NY, we were without them for decades. When they finally began showing up and nesting here about 45 years or so ago, they were her favorite bird. Unfortunately, she couldn't see them until the surgeries back in 1999. But after the surgeries, tears on her cheeks: "OH my LORD, they REALLY ARE BLUE!!!" Sadly, she only had another 4 years of perfect vision, she died in 2003 at the young age of 82.

My father began losing his eyesight around the same time she died, had cataract surgery in 2005, overjoyed that he could read again. He died in 2014 at the age of 97.

Glad you can "look" forward to great vision coming your way VERY soon! It can fade in and out for the first couple of weeks, but - you will be pleased.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 2:56pm
Yes, I had both eyes done a couple years ago still where glasses cause I need them to read and didn't pay the extra money.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:11pm
Bob, glad to hear you are on the mend!

and Tim......it took awhile, but I finally got it!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:54am
Yeah, Lou, an old friend and I were talking one time and naturally "jokes" similar to that one were slipped in throughout the conversation. Eventually another friend at the table said, "OMG! I just got that one!"
To which my friend said, "Wow, WHICH ONE? Tim's said like a dozen of them in the last 5 minutes."
Then she said to our other friend: "Yes, Tim's jokes and Tim's writing... it's like losing your gum in the hen house; you really have to feel for it, but if you're persistent, eventually you should be able to find it."
So flattered!!!
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by TimCNY TimCNY wrote:

Yeah, Lou, an old friend and I were talking one time and naturally "jokes" similar to that one were slipped in throughout the conversation. Eventually another friend at the table said, "OMG! I just got that one!"
To which my friend said, "Wow, WHICH ONE? Tim's said like a dozen of them in the last 5 minutes."
Then she said to our other friend: "Yes, Tim's jokes and Tim's writing... it's like losing your gum in the hen house; you really have to feel for it, but if you're persistent, eventually you should be able to find it."
So flattered!!!

LOL
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 10:48pm
Well Lou, you're smarter than me,,,,,,,,I don't see it??  Tim, what's the secret?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 11:02pm
Bob D. hope it is going well for you. 

Tim C., That was about the way my mom was too... Had not seen colors for a number of years and then had the cataracts removed and she could see clearly and the colors too. that lasted for several years more.

Ted, did you get your taxes Done yet or just takin a reprieve for a moment? 

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 3:34am
Thanks guys. I am having mixed reviews on results. Yesterday, eyesight was great. Today, seems a bit on the fuzzy side. Will have to wait until 2 Mar. to get the right eye done. Then maybe I will get to a proper result from this. Still, eyesight seems much better than before having my left eye done.The doc. told me it would take 3 to five days before everything settled in.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:24am
Yes it does take a few days to get all healed and settle down
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:10pm
Bob D .
Just Been there and done that . White paper is now WHITE with the done eye.  Off white with bad eye.   Left eye has problems surgery can't fix.  Upper third of what  the left eye sees is black.
     The Henderson show and pull is April 24 and 25 this year. I have a place upstairs you can stay a night or two for FREE.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 1:31am
glad yer on the mend!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic