This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8070 hydraulic pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8070 hydraulic pump
    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:10am
I was looking at an 8070 for sale, But in the descriptions it says that the HY pump is bad. So my question is where is the hydraulic pump located on the 8070s and is it external or internal? It had Front wheel assist I don’t know if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:25am
External and located just in front of the right rear axle
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:48am
Gear pump is different on FWA.       MACK
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 7:52am
New hydraulic pumps can get spendy. The gerotar pump on my 7580 was bad saved roughly 60% having local hydraulic shop rebuild it.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:46am

Which pump, there are three of them.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
He'd have to find that out but they are all located in the same spot.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Arlis chalmers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:12pm
I’m not sure which pump it is from what information I have got from the guy is that it has no lift arms The hydraulic hook ups in the back don’t work and the power takeoff is spinning all the time. I do most of my own mechanic work I have replaced them on like 560 internationalIt was also internal but you didn’t have to split it with this one being in ternal does it need to be split or is there a way to access them
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:41pm
Could be something as simple as a broken spring on the main pumps compensator valve. Don't just go yanking off the pump without proper diagnosis.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Arlis chalmers Arlis chalmers wrote:

I’m not sure which pump it is from what information I have got from the guy is that it has no lift arms The hydraulic hook ups in the back don’t work and the power takeoff is spinning all the time. I do most of my own mechanic work I have replaced them on like 560 internationalIt was also internal but you didn’t have to split it with this one being in ternal does it need to be split or is there a way to access them
Pumps are external
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm
And where is the location of the three pumps
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:24pm
Remove the right side cab step. Swing out the batteries. Look down inside. To actually work on them, you'll need to drain down the fuel and remove the right side fuel tank.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:28pm
Thank you guys for all the helpful information I will let you know what the verdict is on if I buy the tractor in with the problem and end up being
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 3:51pm
Arlis welcome to the channel.   We are only a few miles apart.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:06pm
Thank you it’s always nice to converse with other Allis lovers
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm
You're going to need a gauge for this project one way or the other if you're going to try and do this yourself. Regardless of either fixing your old pump or replacing it with a new or used pump, you're going to need to see what pressure it is putting out. A simple low pressure spring on the compensator may very well fix the problem . Plus, the later tractors had a problem with brittle screws that adjusted the pressure and would break and cause low pressure. Easy fix by just swinging out the batteries.
rieg View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:43pm
Welcome to the forum, my 8050 had the same problem last year turned out to be a blown fourth inch o ring between the pumps or some place like that at least that is what they showed me, and told me was the problem. Anyway it works now but has a terrible whining noise that was never there before they think the stand-by pressure needs adjusted. I don't know how they tracked it down hydraulics are out or my comfort zone so I took it to the professionals at our ADCO dealer.
rieg
8070220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:52am
I have all 3 pumps here .for sale for a 2wd .if u fine u need the pumps .
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:50pm
What is the difference between the 2 Wheel-drive pumps and the four-wheel-drive pumps
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:07pm
Gear pump and housing are diff - first thing I would do is pull the filter, check for the end cap that goes in the ends of both hyd belly filters.  Check the oil level, then put a gauge in the tee in the place to check stand by , see if there is about 400 -550 psi and if not check the low pressure stand by spring on the compensator. IF the spool and spring are ok and there is no pressure - you have a pump problem probably - if you have some pressure - adjust via allen screw or shims. Check the hp by pulling the remote - if no high pressure check the hp spring in the compensator.   A service man is necessary if no experience with a compensator system.  It is not that complicated a system but a few items control standyby and flow systems on the piston pump.  
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 12:36pm
Thanks for the info how do you change the pto size on the 8070
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 5:32pm
If you want 540,you change all the pto guts. If you want the little 1000,just put the adapter on it. Why do you want to change what you have?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 6:09am
Well like my brush hog is 1000 the pump for my planter is 1000But my Baler is 540 but on my messy You just put you 1000 or 540 but there are different bolt patterns for each did not know if it had something similar
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 7:36am
Then, you want the complete dual speed 540/1000 RPM PTO from a 7010 thru 7060 or 8010 thru 8050. Remove what you have and install the other.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlis chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 7:59am
Ok thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic