This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have two qusetions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have two qusetions...
    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:53am
one.. haven't used the d15 in awhile, been tinkering with lights and other cosmetics while it snows. so I started it up the other day and it was running kinda funny almost like a knock or something after about 5 min when it warmed up it leveled out and sounded fine.?? any thoughts
two. in the next  week or so iam going to go look at an ac hay crimper. guy wants 500 for it supposedly its been shed kept and in nice shape. whats a far price? Im probably never gonna use it probably just take it to the fair with the d15 or display on the lawn.. haven't seen a crimper around here in ages, no one uses them anymore thanks
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 5:39am
one... sounds normal to me...oil drains down to the sump  over time, it's cold, thick, takes awhile to get pumped up and flowing properly. My D-14 did that the other day...

two... if you can afford it, buy it ! As you say 'rare' and life's too short, you may never see another and wished you'd bought this one.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 7:41am
Check the advance in distributor. Could be starting to lockup.       MACK
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by mike 44 mike 44 wrote:

so I started it up the other day and it was running kinda funny almost like a knock or something after about 5 min when it warmed up it leveled out and sounded fine.?? any thoughts

What oil do you have in it, and how cold has it been? Might could use a lighter weight oil if it's been cold.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mike 44 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:32am
Sae 30 oil hasn't been all that cold , 37 today had a few days below 20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic