This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost a HS Friend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost a HS Friend
    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 7:14am
Mortality creeps ever closer these days, lost a fairly close friend from the HS Days(Both of us were geeks), he was three months younger than I currently. Passed away 12/22 where his wife decided NOT to inhibit anyone else's Holidays and held off reporting until this last few days. Really close family and a very few closer friends were informed.
Passed in his sleep, was type 2 diabetic and suspicion of Heart complications for that. Tom was a Big Guy, will miss him.
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 7:48am
Sorry to hear this Dave. Condolences to family and friends. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:38am
Prayers for the families 
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm
Sorry to hear.  Getting to be not so much a shock anymore to lose someone our age, unfortunately.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm
Sorry to hear, it hits close when it's a longtime buddy.
Maximum use of available resources!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 7:39pm
I lost a cousin just before Christmas, was told it was some kind complication from a shoulder surgery bout 6-8 weeks before...he was same age as I am,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:14am
sorry for the loss of your buddy. a lot of m y classmates have passed on, some medical, some suicide, and some I think from bad drugs.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
Sorry for your loss Dave.  Prayers for the family and other friends too.
I've lost quite a few from my class and the majority are the girls.  You just never know.
God Bless
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 11:05pm

Prayers for the family and you too, Dave, It's tough to lose your true friends you've had for so long. Friends like that ARE like family. May PEACE be with you and his family.

Our used to be daily newspaper has gone to once a week printing and since that happened two good friends have passed and I never knew of the funerals til a week later. Kinda akward to go visit after the fact,,,,
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
Sad to hear of the others on here losing friends and loved ones as well. We are all ageing and some not so well.

Edited by DMiller - 10 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:20am
Joe, our daily rag did the same thing almost.  I signed up to get the obits in my email everyday.  Didn't cost a thing, so I kinda keep up with it.  A week later is NOT GOOD....

YEARS ago,,,,,,,we used to have Paul Harvey on the am radio at noon every day except Sunday.  Right after him, they had the births and deaths for the last few days.  I always wondered why they quit that.  That was nice!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic