This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd7g radiator / coolant hoses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david weldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd7g radiator / coolant hoses
    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:18pm
Hello folks looking for radiator hoses for my allis chalmers HD7G upper hose part no 088349 / lower hose part no 624433 some one might know where I can source these or might have a set to sell any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:22pm
Hi David, these are just old fashioned Straight Coolant Hose, I am currently replacing my own. Upper is roughly 6"(US) long 2 1/4" ID, the Lower 2 1/2" around 7" long the Water pump to Oil Cooler head is 2 3/8" and around 3" long while the Thermostat bypass on my engine is 1 7/8" id again around 3" long

Gates makes them in Stick Length but you should be able to interchange the numbers
24230 1.875 id
24236 2.250 id
24238 2.375 id
24240 2.5 id

david weldon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david weldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Dave thanks very much for all that information this is really helpful to me their is a local gates authorised dealer beside me and they should be able to source the pipes for me with the part numbers you give me cheers.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:40pm
Tip a Cool one for me too David!!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:36am
David, one note, to change the Water Pump outlet to oil coolers you will have to remove the pump volute from the rear of the timing case. To get there have to roll the hard nose over, then remove the generator and mount then the engine oil filter.
MINNPAR in Mn has that gasket and a thermostat housing gasket for these where the thickness is a MUST due to impeller clearance on the WP. Will post photos later today. There is no room to separate the hose any other way beyond pulling cooler housings.

This is the affected area.

The hose is directly behind the Alternator I was test fitting. The WP Bypass line on my tractor is above the alternator. Rolling the Hard Nose also aids access to the Lower Radiator Hose.

Edited by DMiller - 08 Jan 2020 at 6:37am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:54am
This is how sets awaiting those gaskets

Had to remove the bypass pipe to helicoil the Alternator Mount hole.

Edited by DMiller - 08 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david weldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:00pm
Thanks again Dave for the information
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:11pm
Did it do you any good?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david weldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:19pm
It will certainly make things easy for me knowing this information Dave keep up the good work.
rhead1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhead1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
Quick question.  I just had to tilt my front on my HB6B.  I see that you removed the pivot bolts and removed the front.  I tried for quite some time to loosen them to no avail.  Any pointers for the next time I need to remove it.  I was able to pivot it with a jack and come-along to the front blade of the dozer. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:42pm
For some reason these bolts just came loose. The ones under the Donor Tractor were so seized up had to Split nuts with a torch.. Did save the bolts and MINNPAR still had the nuts. Best access to them is to remove Radiator and Radiator support mount, then can get at them for Heat if try that,

Edited by DMiller - 20 Jan 2020 at 12:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic