This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All Crop 72 Flax Roll operation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Crop 72 Flax Roll operation
    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 8:34pm
Last November I purchased an All Crop 72 that has the Flax Roll Special Attachment. What I am looking for is the operational settings for this attachment. There is nothing in the standard operating manual nor in the parts manual about how to set the flax rolls for flax or any other crop. There must have been an operator's manual addendum or supplement for this or any of Allis Chalmers All Crop special attachments. Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links

JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm
I wonder if it would be in a 60 or 66 manual?  Would be the same.

An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:55pm
In addition to the manual for the "72" I also have another manual called: Operating Instructions, Special Attachments and Repair Parts Book for Allis-Chalmers Model 60 All Crop Harvester " . Now there's long winded title for you. The manual is referred to as " TPL-86D". It has a detailed exploded parts diagram and a list of all part numbers needed to purchase and assemble the two flax rolls. NO information on how to set it up for harvest though. Allis did in fact publish something along that line because it says if you did purchase this or any Special Attachment those operational settings or instructions would be included with the parts. You are quite right though that if I could find the instructions for a model 60 or 66 they would be exactly the same for the 72.
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 6:50pm
In my Allcrop 66 manual page 29 says use chart for proper setting of all adjustments so go to page 22 and line 46 every thing is listed.(chart of recommended adjustments) Should be the same in the 72 All Crop book maybe with different page #

Edited by HaroldOmaha - 06 Jan 2020 at 6:51pm
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:22pm
Hi Harold I have looked through my 72 manual and cannot find the information you have. My manual shows settings for cylinder speed,# of cylinder bars and concave, shelling plate and concave clearances, wind valves, etc., etc. Nothing for flax rolls. It seems like we are only talking a couple of pages. Is there any way for you to copy what's needed and forward to me? Thank you.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:06pm
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any other allis stuff
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 11:15pm
Maybe I mis-understood that the rollers took some spl. adj . try the All-Cropharvester.com, or call 330-469-9301 in the evenings Eastern Standard time.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:39am
OK, thanks Harold. And for Mikez, no I don't have any other Allis equipment. Yet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:21pm
Did you get an answer on your Flax roll adjustments? There is a gent in eastern Iowa that has an All Crop museum, maybe he might have an answer.
    Arland Lepper, Hubbard Iowa.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
Thank you Harold, I will try and contact Arland today. Will let you know if he has the info I am looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic